PDA

View Full Version : Long-tailed Duck.

Karl Egressy
05-06-2016, 05:16 PM
This image was found among recovered files that I accidentally
erased from a card and then used a recovery program to recover them.

I have been a member here since 2009 and I feel I need a break.
Thanks for all the comments and all the help I received from you during those years.
It made me a better photographer for sure and in the meantime I had a lot of fun.
Thank you all.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 500 f 4.0 L IS
ISO 800
f 6.3
1/2500 s

Bill Dix
05-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Spectacular flight shot, Karl. Great wing position and exposure. Only wish for a little more room all around. I appreciate all of your advice and comments over the years, and hope for more of your images and input.

John Rowell
05-06-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm sure glad you recovered this image, it's a keeper. Great sharpness, really like the wing position. Also really like the detail in the wing feathers, and look at that bill. Very cool. The wispy background clouds add a lot to the image. I agree with Bill that a bit more room all around might be good.

We each have to restructure our priorities every now and then, I hope that photography is able to continue as one of yours.

christopher galeski
05-07-2016, 04:30 AM
Nice image Karl,good BG,very nice detail,agree on a little bit more room all round,have a nice break,and hope to see more images later on in the future.TFS.

Allen Sparks
05-07-2016, 04:33 AM
Hi Karl,
I really like this image - nice flight pose with the downturned wings, good exposure and sharpness, and pleasing background.

I appreciate the comments you have provided on my images...best wishes to you.

Allen

Joseph Przybyla
05-07-2016, 06:52 AM
You nailed it, Karl. Great flight image. Thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed you participation and comments on my images. Hoping all is well and you come back in the future.

keith mitchell
05-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Karl please don't make your break for to long,you have shown us some fine images and given good and helpful comments.
Best regards Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
05-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Awesome! The pose is perfect. Well exposed, sharp, good comp and BG. What's not to like? Keep well, thanks for active participation on BPN....

steve torna
05-07-2016, 08:24 AM
I agree with all comments, well done in all respects! steve

Matthew Jones
05-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Killer image Karl, love the pose and as a new member I'll be sad not to see your images on BPN during your break, they are always of a very high standard. Go well, all the best, Matt.

Stu Bowie
05-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Hi Karl, one of the best flight shots you have posted. Excellent flying pose, sharp, and pops so well against your pastel blue BG.

Enjoy your break, and hope all is well.

Marina Scarr
05-10-2016, 10:49 AM
What a KILLER image to end on, and SO glad that you found it. Your participation has been such a breath of fresh air, Karl, and your progression throughout the recent years, has been just amazing and a thrill to watch. So glad that you learned from BPN, as so many of us has. Be well, happy shooting and we hope you'll sneak a peak every once in a while!

David Salem
05-12-2016, 10:35 AM
This is THE best IF of a LTD I have ever seen!! I hope you just take a short breather then start posting more of your beautiful images. You are one of my favorite posters here so I hope to see you soon.
Sincerely
David

Mike Poole
05-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Top notch image Karl - we all need a breather now and again, hope to see you back with even more enthusiasm.

Mike