PDA

View Full Version : Say it with Flowers.

keith mitchell
05-03-2016, 03:27 AM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm 2.8
1/640@f4
iso 2000.

Hare with an Oil seed Rape flower it was fun watching the flower slowly disappear ,one from a while ago iso would be a lot higher knowing what I know now.Will be intersted to see if if I have any colour casts on this one.Going away to our new bolt hole in the forest for a few days so will respond when I get back.

Thanks for taking a look.
Keith.

Rachel Hollander
05-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Hi Keith - first thing I noticed before your reading your intro was that you seemed to have gotten the colors sorted. Love the flowers in the mouth. Head angle and low pov also work great. The grasses and leaves in the fg are distracting but not much you could do about them.

TFS,
Rachel

Nancy Bell
05-03-2016, 08:55 AM
These guys are so photogenic with their big eyes. Great moment of capture with the yellow flowers, and a great title to go with it! What if you desaturate the OOF foreground vegetation just a bit so the brightness of the yellow-greens does not attract your eye so much?

Steve Kaluski
05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Hi Keith, like the low angle, you feel as if you are on their height. The FG provides the appearance of 'peering' through, although the bright green is a tad distracting which you should be able to fix. Nice to have the flowers, adds to he colour. Colours look better in this image to.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
05-03-2016, 11:38 AM
I'm not too bugged by the FG leaves, as the view to the subject is clear here.
Good low angle and nice behaviour with the flowers in the munchers!
I wonder if it needs a slight CCW rotation?

Gabriela Plesea
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Keith, this is too cute!

Agree with everyone above, the colours look much better than in previous images, I do seem to detect a faint colour cast though but very faint indeed:) I did an RP with a few tiny adjustments, let me know if it works for you when you get back. I love the pose here, POV, those flowers add tons of interest - what a delightful capture!

Let us see what you bring from your trip, have fun and enjoy, and don't forget to experiment, my friend:)

Kind regards,

Gabriela Plesea
05-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Forgot to say I really loved the title, Keith:tinysmile_shy_t:

haseeb badar
05-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi Keith -- This is a remarkable improvement from you , liked the colours and the flowers in its mouth makes it look very adorable . The FG for me is fine as the view towards the Hare is quite clear . Very nice image indeed .

TFS !

Stuart Philpott
05-06-2016, 05:04 AM
Keith much has already been said I agree with ,I don't find the foreground elements too distracting they sort of frame him for me. Keith the colours look right now to me ,brilliant mate, i'm chuffed for you!! What makes it is the rape flower being munched Keith , it just lifts the whole image. Thanks for sharing love the image
Have a great break!!

take care

Stu

keith mitchell
05-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Thanks to you all for your tips and comments,afraid there is not a lot you can do on this field as far as the FG is concerned the Hares tend to use it more with the growth of the crop using it as cover,they are a bit touchy with so many Harriers around.Gabriela which colour do you refer to,will see if these old eyes can find it,like the repost would be interested in what you did.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
05-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Sorry Keith for replying so late, please check for magenta and a little blue on this little un's fur. I just reduced them a tad. Hope you bump again into this little fella, he is so cute and I love to see him munching on those little yellow flowers!

Have a wonderful evening,

keith mitchell
05-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks Gabriela appreciated.,I will really try to tune these old eyes of mine in on my next one.

Keith.