PDA

View Full Version : The New King !

haseeb badar
05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone !

Thank you for all your C&C's on my previous post , much appreciated .

Got late to post one more image for April's Theme but here I am posting an image of a new Male who is trying to establish his territory in Bandhavgarh , where some great Tigers have ruled over the years . I sincerely wish this new Male turns out to be a an able ruler where the dominance is yet to be established . This was an early morning sighting where this Tiger walked for quite a good time before changing his path. Came quite close to our vehicle and the prime lens dilemma is quite evident here . I have added the canvas at the bottom and on the LHS .

Canon 5dMK III , Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.
ss 1/2500, f/7.1, iso 4000.

DPP 4, CS6, Selective colour, levels , NR ,Sharpening, burned some bright highlights in the BG , slightly cropped from the top .

All your C&C's are most welcome.

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2016, 03:25 AM
Hi Haseeb, your intro reminded me of B2. :S3:

Came quite close to our vehicle and the prime lens dilemma is quite evident here . I have added the canvas at the bottom and on the LHS .

We have all been there Haseeb and it is a dilemma at times, may be next year if budget allows, perhaps think about another body in addition to the 5D, although I would not suggest the 7DMKII personally. In doing so you can have one fixed lens and one with a zoom, probably the 100-400 would be ideal, as often theses subject can be, as you found, at close quarters.

The addition at the foot is very evident sadly, but I think with a bit more time you could improve things to blend in better. The techs look fine, enough SS to freeze the stride, but the finer detail in the fur look a bit lost and flat, if you know what I mean? I also think you could bring a bit more 'richness' to the image, again just my personal feeling, as they they look muted, early early morning you do get more colour i feel. I have no objection to the road, not ideal perhaps, but they use them and to get a shot we often may have to sacrifice the environment to a less pleasing one.

Like the angle of both the subject and shooting, almost parallel with him.
Great to see you and Ritesh boosting these magnificent and awesome beasts. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
05-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Hi Haseeb

What a magnificent and powerful cat!
When opening the image, before reading your intro I thought what was happening at his feet...:2eyes2::bg3:. How did you fill the added canvas, cloning or content aware fill?
There is a ray of sun on his front left leg- the detail there is amazing- pity he was not lit up overall.
I too have had the same dilemma with to much lens sometimes- no time to change lenses on the same body. Invested in a third body with the 70-200 for those situations where the subject gets really close!

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2016, 04:03 AM
Invested in a third body with the 70-200 for those situations where the subject gets really close!

A third body would create even more of a dilemma I think Andre :bg3:, however you need to appreciate the Gipsy vehicles that are used within the reserve, you have your own, large vehicle offering space, luxury and an assistant at times. :w3

haseeb badar
05-02-2016, 05:10 AM
Thank you Steve and Andre !

I do have a 70-200mm but sometimes these sightings create too much of excitement to ponder over things , i guess will have to try an anticipate things as this is not something new when it comes to Tiger sighting .

I would try to RP tonight especially the canvas thing ( did it by stretching the canvas using free transform but it is not neatly done ) and also the things you mentioned Steve .

Thank you once again .

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2016, 05:49 AM
I would try to RP tonight especially the canvas thing ( did it by stretching the canvas using free transform but it is not neatly done ) and also the things you mentioned Steve .

Great Haseeb, look forward to seeing a RP, but appreciate how excited you get when seeing such a fine big cat like this, how could you not???? :S3:

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Powerful specimen and stride here, Haseeb.
I also noted the added canvas immediately - I would like to see it as is though, might be tight but you didn't cut anything off?
Did you get any portraits when he came closer?

haseeb badar
05-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Thank you Morkel !

yes it is very but haven't cut anything , will post both versions tonight . And yes I also have some portraits of this fella when he tried to move past us . I will share all of the images from the sighting .

keith mitchell
05-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Nits covered Haseeb,can see why someone would get the wrong lens with a magnificent animal like this coming towards you,I very much like what you did get.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
05-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Dear Haseeb,

This is one awesome sighting!

Coming in late, my apologies, I guess I should set aside what has already been mentioned above. Nice DOF and the subject really pops from its surroundings. Lovely walking pose. Great POV. You could have gotten away with less SS, but well done in making sure it's all sharp from head to toe!

A beauty of a tiger, he is in great shape - well seen and captured, my friend. Would love to see more...Have you more?

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
05-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Haseeb - I'm a bit late here but can only echo what the others have said. Definitely worth revisiting this. Looking forward to your rp.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
05-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Thank you Keith,Gabriela and Rachel .
Yes Gabriela I do have more of him and I will surely post .

Sorry for not Posting the RP tomorrow , i got a bit diverted by the Chelsea /Tottenham EPL match :w3

Well , Here is a RP , I have not added any canvas at the bottom this time , but added a little bit on the LHS and processed it again as per the suggestions . WDYT ? Your comments are highly appreciated .

Nancy Bell
05-03-2016, 05:20 PM
As this repost shows, you do have a bit of room below the feet, you have all 4 feet, & great walking pose, so I would not try to add canvas with the difficulties it presents. Magnificent tiger!

Steve Kaluski
05-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Sorry for not Posting the RP tomorrow , i got a bit diverted by the Chelsea /Tottenham EPL match

No worries, i can appreciate how you got sidetracked.

That looks much better Haseeb, everything has more 'life' to it!!! OK it's very tight at the foot, but a lot better than trying to replicate things.