Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1250
Av(Aperture Value) 7.1
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation +1/3
ISO Speed 3200
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm
I hope the colours don't look too far out, this is with my new PC and I haven't had the screen calibrated just yet.
All C&C welcome

Isaac Grant
04-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Details and colors look great to me (but I have already admitted that I also need a new screen :w3)

Love this bird in its surroundings. The moss on the rocks and the movement of the water clearly show how and where dippers live and add much to this frame. Being super picky I would prefer to see only water as the background and not that rock. Sun seems to have been a bit high as there are some very dark shadowed areas evident. Probably very hard to avoid as the sun angle as typically these birds live in forested areas with tall trees so to get sun on the bird the shadows are a fact of life. But these are minor at best nits as this is a joy to view.

christopher galeski
04-30-2016, 02:03 AM
very nice Jonathan,good exposure,sharp with nice detail,good pose and perch,nesting material a bonus.well done.

Richard Flack
04-30-2016, 02:49 AM
Wow Jonathan, I really like this image. It is one of the best dipper images I have seen. Well done! The perch and background are great and I love the foliage in the bird's mouth. If it was mine however I would change the composition by cropping more off the left and adding to the right. Cheers. Rich

keith mitchell
04-30-2016, 03:12 AM
The setting is where you find these birds which is usually out of our control ,Jonathan I like your Dipper with a beak full of nesting material which looks nice and sharp and detailed.

Keith.

Bill Dix
04-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Not a species we get to see very often, on BPN or in the wild. The pose and nesting material really make the shot. Good pose, bird is sharp, and light looks fine to me. I agree a little off the left might help.

Satish Ranadive
04-30-2016, 09:39 PM
Magnificent image, Jonathan. As usual every thing is superb.
Love the BG and composition.

Regards,
Satish.