PDA

View Full Version : Common Redpoll on Milkweed

Daniel Cadieux
04-29-2016, 04:57 AM
From the Pine Siskin invasion we had a few weeks ago...lots of Common Redpolls mixed in with them too. This was photographed in my backyard where I had "transplanted" this dry milkweed I found in a field. The background is my fence. Bird feeder just out of the frame at right.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TCIII, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/800s., f/7.1, ISO 1600, natural light, FF, usual darkening of the pupil.

John Rowell
04-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Beautiful, I love the red top feathers of course, but the small red ones under the eye really make this for me. Great IQ all around and the Redpoll cooperated nicely by centering itself on the perch. The whitis blob in the background is a minor distraction for me, but no big deal.

Isaac Grant
04-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Really nice picture Daniel. Sharpness and details are great. I very much like the contrast between the small bird and the large seed pods. Not the usual shot you see of this species so it is a treat.

Richard Flack
04-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Hi Dan, I like the look and feel of the image. Is the kind of artier images I really enjoy. Might be my screen but I would be tempted to add more contrast to the bird and possibly bring down the brightness on the bird only. TFS

Satish Ranadive
04-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Excellent image. Very nice look back pose, beautiful colours and composition. Rest as usual superb.

Regards,
Satish.

annmpacheco
05-01-2016, 07:35 PM
gorgeous Dan, love the pose and the milkweed pods are an excellent perch. Terrific details and glad you dof covered the tail to be in focus.