PDA

View Full Version : Blurry Woods

Luis Patacao
04-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone, this one is from a afternoon walk in Sintra where i wanted to explore vertical blurs in the woods. That area is particularly attracting for this as there are tall trees and several areas of shade/light.

Here the diferente layers os light particularly caught my attention. What are your thoughts?

Techs:
Nikon D7000, 20mm, f/13 1/3s at ISO 100

Adhika Lie
04-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Very good shot, Luis. I had a similar shot from Yellowstone without the greens and I think it lacks color that brings this type of shot to live. If there is anything, and if it's not against your ethics, I would consider taking out the horizontal branch on the trees on the front left.

Don Railton
04-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Hi Luis, I very much like this, but if I were honest, 5 years ago I would have thought it was rubbish.. How we mellow with age.. I like the colours (greens & browns especially..) the gradients and the repetition... If i were to suggest anything I would suggest adding more blur (especially to the top) so the little white streaks loose defination and dont look like white streamers falling from the tree. Look at the blur option in PS.

DON

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2016, 01:48 PM
I really like this. Great creativity and execution, and the vibrance and light really sets off the vertical lines of the trees.
:5

Diane Miller
05-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Very artistic, with wonderful rich warm tones. But the white streamers are my least favorite element in shots like this. Avoiding sky can be difficult, though. If I have to include sky I'm more pleased with the result if I can be on a tripod and orient the camera so I can get a smooth vertical pan without camera wiggle.

Luis Patacao
05-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the constructive feedback. I did follow the 1st suggestions and added a bit of blur specially on the top to soften the streamers and i will repost it here.

Diane, i fully understand and totally agree with you on the white streamers and use of tripod. Will do better on my next blurs, thanks.

Luis Patacao
05-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Here is the repost:

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Hi Luis, a wonderful in-camera blur you have created...I love it...these are a ton of fun to create aren't they :)

Don Lacy
05-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Really nice image here, I do agree with Diane that thhe white areas are a bit distracting have you tried burning them in to lesson their impact.

Luis Patacao
05-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback Andrew and Don!