PDA

View Full Version : Golden Era….. Of TADOBA.

Ritesh Nangare
04-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Teliya Cubs, second litter of Maduri In teliya,
March 2012, TADOBA,
This is the first tiger sightings I ever have in my life this is the first set of Images of tiger I ever have , I first went to the tadoba in 2012 with Yuvraj Patil. We started our safari everyone is going to Pandharponi because every morning the cubs of Pandharponi come on the road and put up the great show and because there no activity in teliya in last 4, 5 days at that time. But we choose to go to teliya ……. There is no one in that place we pass the pazar and seen the pugmarks of the cubs going towards teliya.
When we enter the taliya we seen sonam and her three sibling playing there in open …… we park the jeep. The cubs did not go and hide some were, they even come close and start playing, we had lot of shots and had wonderful time with these cubs …..
2011 and 2012 is the golden time for sighting as per me in tadoba ….. people see 8 to 10 individual tigers In a day or in trip …. We saw 12 in this trip.
Nikon D7000 ,
Sigma -150-500mm ,
360 mm
f6.3,
Iso-400
Enjoy …….

Steve Kaluski
04-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Hi Ritesh, always great to see a Tiger, and what a majestic this one is.

I like the diagonal 3/4 view, inclusive of the tail, paws slightly crossed, face to camera and that curled tongue, great timing here. If you have it then a bit more below and perhaps a fraction less on the LHS, WDYT?

However, the image looks very saturated and to me , the BKG portion looks manipulated, (the FG is great, but try to colour balance the Tiger and the BKG goes washed-out, especially on the sides), my hunch, or it has the appearance that NIK software has been used for 'colour', but it could just be through PP, could you please advise what you did?
Ritesh, overall the image has great potential, I just feel with some simple adjustments in terms of colour this could be a real corker. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
04-26-2016, 08:59 PM
Hi Ritesh - Good to see you back and posting again. I agree with Steve on all counts. Let's see the straight out of camera shot and hopefully we can help with the processing. It's definitely an image worth investing a little more time in.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
04-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Hi Ritesh -- Always love to see tiger images and I know how special it is to see a Tiger in the open and in good light . I agree with the above comments , would love to see a RP from you based on the suggestions given above .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
04-27-2016, 05:54 AM
Hi Ritesh. Great to have you posting again!
I love the light and setting here, but agree with the comments made about saturation being overdone and resultant fine detail lacking.
Do post the unprocessed frame, perhaps we can even play with the RAW file if you send via dropbox?

Gabriela Plesea
04-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Dear Ritesh,

We've missed you around here, glad to see you are posting again!

Amazing sighting indeed, this is well framed and some nice POV. Would just like to know what was your shutter speed, you forgot to mention it:)

Having read the comments above I have little to add, I think you have an awesome tiger here, you did well in the field capturing this. Only your PP skills might be a bit "rusty", LOL. Just teasing you, really happy to see you back, here's an attempt from me to deal with some of the issues discussed, not ideal as I did not have the RAW available but this is more or less how I see this...

Warmest regards to you, have a lovely day, please post some more:S3:

Ritesh Nangare
04-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Thanks Every one of your welcome and appreciation ... yes its been long time i did not post here ... sorry for that.

I think i am go little bit over board here with this image ...... i love this set of images and had special attachment with this because this is the first sighting of wild tigers in my life.

i do little bit more in this image i think.... i add the space behind the tiger, blurred the BG , Enhance the colours in find of perfect colour of tiger ...... so much done and spoiled the image i think.

here is the link of google drive were i put the original because the forum did not upload the image in any format not NEF, nor DNG......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ALfod1fjgbOTkzaXpHUk90bXc/view?usp=sharing

Regds.
Ritesh Nangare

Ritesh Nangare
04-29-2016, 06:20 AM
Hi Ritesh, always great to see a Tiger, and what a majestic this one is.

I like the diagonal 3/4 view, inclusive of the tail, paws slightly crossed, face to camera and that curled tongue, great timing here. If you have it then a bit more below and perhaps a fraction less on the LHS, WDYT?

However, the image looks very saturated and to me , the BKG portion looks manipulated, (the FG is great, but try to colour balance the Tiger and the BKG goes washed-out, especially on the sides), my hunch, or it has the appearance that NIK software has been used for 'colour', but it could just be through PP, could you please advise what you did?
Ritesh, overall the image has great potential, I just feel with some simple adjustments in terms of colour this could be a real corker. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Thanks Steve i am agree with you on this ...

I think i am go little bit over board here with this image

i do little bit more in this image i think.... i add the space behind the tiger, blurred the BG , Enhance the colours in find of perfect colour of tiger ...... so much done and spoiled the image i think.

here is the link of google drive were i put the original because the forum did not upload the image in any format not NEF, nor DNG......

Ritesh Nangare
04-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Hi Ritesh. Great to have you posting again!
I love the light and setting here, but agree with the comments made about saturation being overdone and resultant fine detail lacking.
Do post the unprocessed frame, perhaps we can even play with the RAW file if you send via dropbox?

Thanks Morkel .....

here is the link of google drive for the RAW file.

Regds.
Ritesh....

Steve Kaluski
04-29-2016, 06:33 AM
Hi Ritesh, Kudos to you in knowing/understanding the issues and what you may have done in the PP stage. I also fully understanding how eager you were in trying to portray the image to it's best for all to enjoy, as we all would do the same. Once you know the issues then do you understand how to address and make any changes required.

Will take a look at the RAW.

Steve Kaluski
04-29-2016, 07:06 AM
Hi Ritesh, the NEF file was a Tiff, not a RAW, however perhaps something like this? It will be interesting to see other suggestions/RP's. I'm not extending the LHS, just cropped the Tiff.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Steve

Ritesh Nangare
04-29-2016, 07:33 AM
yes sorry Steve .... the downloading file is tiff .... but i upload NEF ... how does it convert to tiff i don't know may be google convert it .... .....

what you done on the Basis Of tiff file it pretty good....if you want raw file

Here is the link of the raw file from Drop Box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/378ru8l7bt1l9nr/DSC4521.NEF?dl=0

Steve Kaluski
04-29-2016, 07:44 AM
Thanks Ritesh, but I think it's about as far as I need to take it in terms of an alternative RP.

The main part of the PP was within LR, then Exported to PS for refinements. I think you could have gained a bit more SS and the file needed to be opened up more in the initial Exposure capture, you need to look at the Histogram, NOT the back of the camera.

BTW If you are using Canon kit, why are you using a Nikon??

Ritesh Nangare
04-29-2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks Steve for wonderful suggestions i will try to do it again and will post here .....

Steve My first DSLR was Nikon D7000 and lens Was Sigma 150-500 mm ... Then after some time shift to Canon and got my currant kit.