PDA

View Full Version : No more...

Don Railton
04-26-2016, 08:13 AM
Hi Guys

This is the last of this series I will subject you to.. It is the closest to what i visioned before I went to this river, but i imagined deeper curves and without the white water. In retrospect, I quite like the white against the black. I would also prefer a pano crop to emphasize the motion so my next visit will include images I hope I can stitch, although this may be a bit problematic with the random pieces of foam in the water..

Canon 1D4 & 70 to 200 F2.8 at 115mm
0.6 sec@ F25, ISo 100. Tripod ..
Full frame..

DON

Don Lacy
04-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Don, What a wonderful series you put together I really like the B&W versions over the color ones and the the firstB7W and this one are my favorites there is a nice flow to them and wonderful tones through out.

Luis Patacao
04-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Hi Don, for me this one is the most strong of the series.. The great contrast, the several 'S' lines work very well IMO.

Don Railton
04-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Thanks Guys..

This is my favorite as well.. Its satisfying to (almost..) get what you envisioned..

best regard to everyone who commented
DON

Adhika Lie
04-26-2016, 09:55 PM
I love the depth you get from the black here, Don. I think I know what you mean with the foam on the top left corner. I actually don't mind the white water in the center. I think my favorite from the series is this one (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/134818-Bells-B-amp-W) from a few days ago. I feel the composition is more balanced there. But heck, I am wishing for the black from this picture on that one. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful series!

Don Railton
04-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Thanks Adhika.. There is a tradeoff between detail and black, getting that balance right is a matter of personal taste and of course its not always easy. I seem to oscillate about what i think looks right. I will have a go at making the image you prefer a little darker just to satify myself..

Regards

DON

Diane Miller
05-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Beautiful! Congrats on working this and getting so many great shots! I do like how you have gone darker here. I hope to see results of the next excursion.

Have you considered a little burn on the two left corners?

Don Railton
05-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Thanks Diane.. no, not considered burning the corners, but will now you have suggested it..

regards

Don

Morkel Erasmus
05-03-2016, 11:54 AM
This one is so cool! Love the wavey motion, stark contrast and emotion this has.

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Hi Don...ditto..this is my favorite of the series too...I love the dark tones you have given to it...it is very effective...Love it!