PDA

View Full Version : Head-to-head With A Bufflehead.

Daniel Cadieux
04-25-2016, 05:56 PM
This fella took flight by surprise and I nearly missed the opportunity, but I re-found it in my viewfinder in time for its landing approach. I like the splayed feet being deployed for touch down.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2500s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, cropped for comp after a bit of levelling, eye work. Audio used.

arash_hazeghi
04-25-2016, 06:07 PM
love the gliding pose in sweet light, great details. I like the view of those webbed feet too. Do you have one with the feet extended for landing?

nice frame Dan!

William Dickson
04-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Beautiful lighting and the BG fits so well. Lovely detail and flight pose. TFS

Will

Raybel Robles
04-26-2016, 09:04 AM
This is beautiful Daniel. The BG is to die for, love 2 tones colored BG. The bird incoming pose is great and those feet make it special. Beauty!

Richard Flack
04-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Hi Daniel, the BG on this one rocks and the pose is a neat one! Well done on getting a sharp, detailed frame! The only problem for me at least with this landing pose is that there is no eye contact, which to me detracts from the overall appeal. Tfs

keith mitchell
04-26-2016, 01:32 PM
I'ts good that you got the feet in Dan they just add to the image, I also like the water droplets on the breast feathers,already mentioned is that nice gliding pose,fine piece of work.

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
04-27-2016, 05:39 AM
love the gliding pose in sweet light, great details. I like the view of those webbed feet too. Do you have one with the feet extended for landing?

nice frame Dan!

Thanks Arash! Unfortunately, no. I was lying prone with elbows to the ground and could not twist enough to get the actual landing :-(