PDA

View Full Version : More....

Don Railton
04-24-2016, 10:29 PM
More from Bells Rapids.. Sick of them yet?? I have added a few layers to this to subdue the lighting on the top and another to lighten up the detail mid frame.. Looking forward to returning to this spot later in the year when the water flow should increase.. The good news is that its raining now..:S3:

Canon 1D4 & 70 to 200 F 2.8 at 120mm
0.5 sec at F25, ISO 100
tripod & cable release.. processed in ACR, moved to CS6 for conversion to B&W and added a few masked exposure layers as I commented above.

This is full width but I have cut it down to 2:1 aspect to crop out area of less detail and to emphasis the flow right to left.. Feel free to comment on any of my work, anytime.

DON

Adhika Lie
04-26-2016, 09:58 PM
No, not sick of this yet. I am actually loving this series although I think this one is the weakest in the series. Maybe a tighter panorama would work better for me; I feel a tighter crop on the rapid in the center would bring it out more. Keep it coming! :D

Diane Miller
05-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Not sick of them at all!! This one is more subdued but I really like the rhythm. Interesting how its smooth at the top and bottom and much more textured in the center.

Don Railton
05-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Thanks for commenting Folks..!

In my mind this is also the weakest of the B&W, in hindsite I could crop a little more top and bottom.... I was hoping for more depth in the curves, maybe later in the year... the different water textures are a result of a rock in the stream to the right and just out of frame creating turbulence..

Regards

DON

Morkel Erasmus
05-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Nice lines in this one, though I would open up the contrast a tad, feels too dark?
Perhaps dodge highlights and midtones overall?

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi Don, the foreground has little interest for this scene, which is why it is being considered the weakest...the undulating waves in the background are fabulous...my suggestion would be to create a pano crop for a more interesting version. WDYT?

Don Railton
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Hi Andrew and Morkel, thanks for the comments. The undulating waves was what I was after and i agree this image is not so strong in that respect.. So yes Andrew, I think a pano would work better, I was ' testing the water' so to speak on the random patterns in the FG.. Morkel, the Contrast and light is something that may improve the image, but I find its difficult with B&W to know for sure unless you play and walk away and come back later..

DON