PDA

View Full Version : Asian Barred Owlet

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 07:03 AM
Photo taken at outskirt of Mahananda W.L.S.,Darjeeling,Jan'16.
Exif:Canon 7D + 420mm, f/7.1, iso 500, 1/60s,handheld.

Thanks for looking and critiques...

Raybel Robles
04-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Hi Anit,

This is a very nice image, I love the pose and the nice look of the owl looking straight at us, the BG is perfect. I do feel there is a bit of haze in the image, I would try and adding a bit of contrast to it, to make the subject pop a bit more.

Lorant Voros
04-21-2016, 10:44 AM
I like the stare, the nice BG and the for me unknown species. The picture lacks sharpness and contrast for sure. TFS.

Gabriela Plesea
04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Hello Anit! And a warm welcome to BPN!

A very interesting looking little Owl and I like the quizzical stare:S3: Subject well placed in the frame and the BG is very pleasing in terms of colour. The little red ants add an element of interest to this image:)

HA from the Owl and great eye contact. IMO the lack of sharpness is partly due to the low SS (1/60s). Higher ISO and a lower aperture would have helped compensate for some of that movement from shooting free hand, try aim for more SS in the future, if possible. On the other hand, I think with some careful PP work you could bring more life into this. I took the liberty to do some brief adjustments (curves, levels and some sharpening) to wet your appetite for a tad more PP work here:w3

Enjoyed viewing and looking forward to more from you, please keep those images coming!

Kind regards,

Richard Flack
04-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Love the BG and pose Anit, the image however seems a little soft. I would consider some more sharpening and trying to bring out the colours a bit more. TFS

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Hi Anit,

This is a very nice image, I love the pose and the nice look of the owl looking straight at us, the BG is perfect. I do feel there is a bit of haze in the image, I would try and adding a bit of contrast to it, to make the subject pop a bit more.

Thanks for your comments.

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Love the BG and pose Anit, the image however seems a little soft. I would consider some more sharpening and trying to bring out the colours a bit more. TFS

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Hello Anit! And a warm welcome to BPN!

A very interesting looking little Owl and I like the quizzical stare:S3: Subject well placed in the frame and the BG is very pleasing in terms of colour. The little red ants add an element of interest to this image:)

HA from the Owl and great eye contact. IMO the lack of sharpness is partly due to the low SS (1/60s). Higher ISO and a lower aperture would have helped compensate for some of that movement from shooting free hand, try aim for more SS in the future, if possible. On the other hand, I think with some careful PP work you could bring more life into this. I took the liberty to do some brief adjustments (curves, levels and some sharpening) to wet your appetite for a tad more PP work here:w3

Enjoyed viewing and looking forward to more from you, please keep those images coming!

Kind regards,

Thanks for your comments and appreciating your kindness.

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 01:06 PM
I like the stare, the nice BG and the for me unknown species. The picture lacks sharpness and contrast for sure. TFS.

arash_hazeghi
04-21-2016, 01:16 PM
what a handsome pretty owl! thanks for sharing it. The images has a few issues, namely softness, lack of contrast and a green color cast, Gabriela's repost addressed these, you would get better results starting over from RAW

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 02:07 PM
161521 Upload with some adjustment and trying to remove green colour cast

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
what a handsome pretty owl! thanks for sharing it. The images has a few issues, namely softness, lack of contrast and a green color cast, Gabriela's repost addressed these, you would get better results starting over from RAW

Thanks a lot for making the lackness of the image and I uploaded the image with some adjustment.

arash_hazeghi
04-21-2016, 08:22 PM
the repost still has the cast and details look crunchy. can you upload the RAW file? is your monitor calibrated?

ANIT MITRA
04-21-2016, 11:29 PM
the repost still has the cast and details look crunchy. can you upload the RAW file? is your monitor calibrated?
Thanks again for your time and this is the link of raw file
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lGlZ7zzUDafnFrVGlwVDdiblZVQmZ3NTFIWFpUUnhaWm1Oc i1hbm4tTzZTUDYwMWJ1V2M

David Salem
04-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Nice capture of this beautiful little owl. The original is definitely a bit thin and needed some contrast and saturation and a color adjustment to remove the cast. I like Gabriela's repost as it looks pretty natural.
Well done and keep working on your sharpening for the web

arash_hazeghi
04-22-2016, 01:30 AM
Thanks again for your time and this is the link of raw file
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lGlZ7zzUDafnFrVGlwVDdiblZVQmZ3NTFIWFpUUnhaWm1Oc i1hbm4tTzZTUDYwMWJ1V2M

I think you lined to your google drive, I can't see it

ANIT MITRA
04-25-2016, 01:17 AM
I think you lined to your google drive, I can't see it

here the link ..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lGlZ7zzUDaRzR2NkZheGl5V00/view?usp=sharing

arash_hazeghi
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi Anit,

I worked on your image. I did color adjustment, levels, NR and sharpening. One of the issues here is that the background is much brighter than the owl which makes it a bit distracting/unpleasant. I reduced the brightness for the BG and brightened the owl a bit. The RAW isn't all that sharp but after sharpening the web-size photo looks good.

ANIT MITRA
04-26-2016, 01:02 AM
Hi Anit,

I worked on your image. I did color adjustment, levels, NR and sharpening. One of the issues here is that the background is much brighter than the owl which makes it a bit distracting/unpleasant. I reduced the brightness for the BG and brightened the owl a bit. The RAW isn't all that sharp but after sharpening the web-size photo looks good.

Excellent...now clear to me what the green cast visible in my previous images...Thanks a Ton....