PDA

View Full Version : A light within a cave

Luis Patacao
04-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Its been a while since i`ve posted here on landscapes subforum and i will start with a "fresh" one from a few days back.
This is Cape Espichel Light house in Portugal, more specific in the region os Sesimbra south of Lisbon. For anyone who wants more info i can recommend this wiki link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabo_Espichel).

This is a most uncommon composition for this place, i reminded there was a kind of cave there so i decided on this day to head there and shoot the composition i had in mind.

The techs for this was:
- lots of gymnastic between me the tripod and the camera :bg3:
- Nikon D7000, Sigma 10-20 at 10mm
- Two exposures blended (a long 30" for the sky plus scene out of the cave and a 1s exposure for the left wall of the cave)
- On PS the exposures were blended manually, slight adjustments were made (sharpness, luminosity)

Please let me know your thoughts!

Don Railton
04-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Hi Luis

Very nice light and the blending has worked well. Does it need a slight clockwise rotation? (I'm Looking at the lighthouse here..) I think I would fake the top of the image so the sky did not 'split' the rocks..

DON

Adhika Lie
04-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Beautiful shot, Luis! That sky is very nice and I think the blending works out really nice. I agree with Don's comment about the slight CW rotation. Welcome back to the forum!

Luis Patacao
04-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the comments Don and Adhika. i will adjust the image and repost soon.
Updated with the repost:

Don Lacy
04-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Hi Luis, Really nice use of this rock formation to frame the church and blend looks good. My only wish was that the gap between the rocks at the top of the frame did not exist but that is a minor aesthetic preference.

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi Luis, wonderful framing of the lighthouse with the rocks and great lighting on the scene as well. I too would prefer there to be no gap in the rock at the top of the frame.