PDA

View Full Version : Theme The colony

Lorant Voros
04-19-2016, 11:30 AM
One more aerial image from an early morning right after sunrise flying above the skimmer colony. Comments are welcome. Cropped looking for an interesting pattern. I had to lower the quality of jpeg a lot to fit into the size limit.

1DX
100-400mm
ISO1000
f: 5.6
1/2000

Steve Kaluski
04-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Hi Lorant, I absolutely love it, very abstract and nice to see a different POV and thinking. The water has that lovely 'crackling' (Craquelure) effect you see in old oil paintings, fantastic backdrop, especially bottom RH corner!!!!!
An image I would expect to see in the WPOTY. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Glennie Passier
04-19-2016, 03:33 PM
You've done it again Lorant! Unusual and beautiful and ever so arty. Agree with Steve about the water, and what a wonderful way to describe it. I especially like the round patterns in the water. Their shadows look like little chooks.

Thank you for sharing!

Gabriela Plesea
04-20-2016, 02:38 PM
What an eye-catcher, Lorant!

I am loving this! Very original, refreshing and inspiring, love the unique perspective!
Thank you for this post, enjoyed viewing:cheers:

Kind regards,

keith mitchell
04-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Lorant af work of art to my eyes ,you certainly have a good eye for this sort of scene.

Keith.

John Rowell
04-20-2016, 03:11 PM
You certainly found the patterns you were looking for. Delightful image, I love the water patterns and the round ripples at opposite diagonals is terrific. Almost went by this because the thumbnail doesn't do it justice, but glad I looked closer.

Daniel Cadieux
04-20-2016, 03:27 PM
Very cool for the reasons already mentioned. Another one of those that would look great printed big. I do find my eye pulling to the upper most white bird a bit, but man this has a lot going for it. A great study in shapes, lines, and patterns.

Lorant Voros
04-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys. I know this isn't the usual bird photography and I am eager to get feedback. Thanks again.

Steve Kaluski
04-21-2016, 11:25 AM
I know this isn't the usual bird photography

And nor should it Lorant, whatever the 'usual' is? That is what sets it apart and makes for an interesting image very appealing!!!