PDA

View Full Version : Bells B&W

Don Railton
04-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Hi Guys

My attempt to do more with less...(ie preparing for retirement..!!)... This is from the same river as the previous two posts, and i went there specifically looking for minimalist compositions that might appeal. As always, feel free to speak you mind on my work.. It doesn't hurt..

1D4 & 70 to 200 F 2.8 at 160mm

0.3 sec at f32, ISO 100. again F32 i would avoid usually but shutter speed was everything.
processed in CS6 using ACR and then a B&W layer. Small adjustments using an exposure layer and a Slight vignette added (sorry Luis..) Its full frame.

regards to you all,

DON

Adhika Lie
04-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Don, I LOVE this. I think this one is very well balanced. The flow is unusual (from right to left), but I think that's what gives the image the dynamics. I do like the B&W take here. Contrast looks good to me. I am not bothered by the f32 at all as loss of sharpness from diffraction is really a non issue here.

Thanks for sharing this one.

PS: Is this the B&W that we have been waiting for or is there more?

Don Railton
04-19-2016, 11:24 PM
Thank you Adhika..!

This is almost the image I had in mind when i went to this spot, but there are others that I might post also.. I think I have gone a bit early to this location, we have not had enough rain yet and the river speed is low, so the water flowing over the rocks is not producing the depth of curve I was looking for.

DON

Diane Miller
04-20-2016, 06:03 PM
A wonderful composition and great tonalities! The curves are gorgeous. I'll be waiting, holding my breath, for conditions to get better...

Have you thought about lightening the center of the splashing area on the left? Curious as to how it would compare.

Don Railton
04-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Hi Dianne, Posting stopped because my subscription run out..! sorted now obviously. I will have a play with your suggestion.

Don Railton
04-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Nothing else done other than darkening the center of the backflow puddle LHS and a few dust bunnies dispensed... Do prefer this.. Thanks Diane.

Don

Diane Miller
04-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Works for me!!

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Hi Don, another great water flowing image and the B&W works very well.