PDA

View Full Version : Pasque flower

Jonathan Ashton
04-16-2016, 06:06 AM
Taken early light, in the back garden - a stack of 6 images f6.3 1/100 sec ISO 100. Doing this outside and being at the mercy of a breeze took a few attempts. I also repeated the exercise at higher ISO.
This time I used Photoshop, last time I used Combine ZP, in this particular instance Combine ZP resulted in some ghosting but I haven't spotted any in this Photoshop version.
I have also used a couple of Nik filters (Tone mapping and detail) to control the contrast and enhance detail a little. The original files were very contrasted, I exposed for the highlights this left the foliage very dark as was the unopened flower. The background was rather untidy and had uneaten lighting, I have tidied it up.
I regard this more of a technical exercise than an image of real pictorial content so as usual all comments are welcome.

John Robinson
04-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Hi Jon
You beat me to it!
Just got a Pasque ready to post !
Your previous post had all the hallmarks of CZM or Combine ZP. I assumed thats what you had used even though you didnt say.This one has a problem which can be seen in the largest group of flowers. The enhancement seems too overdone. I dont think its a focus problem - mainly over processed. Combine ZP is much better than ZM as it does a much better job with lining up and adjusting the images. There is also a thorough setting which goes over it twice for good measure. I would certainly bash on with Combine ZP at this stage. Photoshop appears to have problems.
Cheers
John