PDA

View Full Version : Gerbera

John Robinson
04-15-2016, 12:31 PM
The old and the new.
One of my favourites this year. Nice and gentle I thought.
Usual set up
D7100
Sigma 50mm macro.
50th sec @f5
100 ISO
10 images stacked in Combine ZP
hand focus.Slight crop.
JohnR

Steve Maxson
04-15-2016, 03:55 PM
A very interesting comparison between the old and new flowers! Even the lighting seems different between the two - bright and cheery on the new flower and dull and gloomy on the dying flower. Did you do anything to achieve this effect, or did it just turn out that way? Nicely done!

John Robinson
04-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi Steve. Good to see someone still around on here ! Regarding the picture, I did virtually nothingv to it. Maybe its just the angle of the light coming through the conservatory roof or the angle of the dead petals. -or they may even have lost some of their lustre ?
Thanks for your interest.
John

Ron Conlon
04-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Wonderful, John. I might "homogenize" the background to the right of the past-its-prime bloom, but I really like this one.

John Robinson
04-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks Ron. I see what you mean. Funny how you need someone to see things you don't yourself.
Funny I liked this shot compared to all the others I did the same day. Every now and then something "clicks"
So the answer is- take loads of shots !!
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
04-16-2016, 11:52 AM
I agree on the loads of shots, and this one speaks to that, it really has a lot of charm. A lot of shots when doing stacks really adds up, but I find the same thing, one will really stand out for a fairly subtle reason, so it is worth the effort.

Diane Miller
04-17-2016, 08:12 PM
Another gorgeous one -- this one tells a wonderful story! Technically and aesthetically gorgeous! Good catch on the texture blotches on the right.

John Robinson
04-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Thanks Diane
Appreciated
John