PDA

View Full Version : Mothers love

Krishna Prasad kotti
04-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi All,

I went to Rookery at Smith Oaks Sanctuary , High Island, TX yesterday. This Rockery is a bird Sanctuary in which Great Egrets were nesting along with Snow Egrets, Cormorants and Spoon Bills.

I went specifically to watch, observe and Capture pictures of New Born Babies with their Mother. I was able to capture this moment in which 3 baby Egrets were playing with each other watched closely by their mother. This was shot morning around 10.40 AM on a cloudy day.

Nikon D7100
Sigma 150-600 f/5 -6.3 Sport
ISO 1250
f/8
1/800 sec

This was my first shooting experience in manual mode. I read Working in Manual mode post by Arthur Morris and then decided to shoot in Manual Mode.

This is my first post in BirdPhotographer Forums. Let me know if I missed something.

I would love to know your thoughts on this shot so that I can improve my photography. Any kind of feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks
Krishna

Steve Kaluski
04-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Hi Krishna, I've moved your post from Wildlife into Avian, just double check prior to posting to ensure you have the correct Forum, no worries, have fun & enjoy.

Steve :S3:

Krishna Prasad kotti
04-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Hi Steve,

Thank you for moving it to the right forum. Still pretty new looking at different threads

Thanks
krishna

Steve Kaluski
04-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Krishna, no worries as I, it happens to us all when venturing into something new. If you further need help just shout, the Boys & Girls (Mods) are really good and remember - there is NEVER a silly or daft question, just ask it. :bg3:

Steve

Hazel Grant
04-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Good eyes, good interaction, sharp....I'd say you learned well.

Krishna Prasad kotti
04-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the Feedback. This was one of the shots which I took at rockery. There are some shots which are better than this one. I am still going though all my shots and will post them.