Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 100-400 L IS II.
ISO 1000
f6.3
1/800 s

keith mitchell
04-09-2016, 01:41 PM
That climate that you have certainly makes your Foxes grow smashing thick coats which make for great pictures like this one,love the pose and the snow on its nose,great job Karl.

Rachel Hollander
04-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Hi Karl - Great pose! Love the front paws off the ground and the comp is perfect. It just feels like the fox is a little dark and heavy in the blacks. If it were mine I would open up the midtones a bit. You really had nice opportunities with the fox this winter.

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
04-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Hi Karl. Really pops against that bg. Lovely image and pose caught.

Morkel Erasmus
04-10-2016, 08:59 AM
A fun pose, Karl - nicely standing out from the snow.
It feels a little flat ito contrast and tonality and I would look at brightening the midtones and adding some tonal contrast + saturation as posted.

Andre Pretorius
04-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Hi Karl

Love the capture& comp!
I too noticed the blacks socks and tried to play a bit.
Andreas (aka mr Greysocks) might be better than me at this....
Did some tonal clarity on Darks and MT's
Lit up the eyes a bit..
Selective sharpening for web.
Subtle changes, WFYT?

Gabriela Plesea
04-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Hello Karl:)

Superb pose from this beautiful fox and wonderful attentive stare - she looks so playful! Love the framing. This is well exposed, a tad more SS would not hurt, IMO.

Agree with Morkel regarding the need for a tad more tonal contrast. I have seen a number of Red Fox images in this Forum and they all look rather different in terms of colour. I admit I have never met a Red Fox in real life though. Here the fur looks yellowish around the ears, almost leaning towards green - just my impression Karl, you were there and processed according to your memory of the event. I could be wrong but I just wish for more red.

I absolutely love that nose covered with snow and of course the swinging bushy tail, this is probably one of the cutest images of Red Fox I have seen! Forgot to mention, nice detail in the snow:)

The content of this image is superb, Karl, well seen and captured. And I truly enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
04-18-2016, 02:55 AM
Hello Karl -- Lovely pose and the Fox just simple pops out ! I agree with suggestions regarding the midtones and blacks . Liked what Andre did in his RP . But overall lovely settings and a beautiful Fox image.

TFS !

Ritesh Nangare
04-26-2016, 09:38 AM
what image this is , i always admire and love red foxes ....love to have them in such a frame ...... really like it very much.

love the details of the subject and full white BG compliments it very well.

TFS.