PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sunsilk

Andre Pretorius
04-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Sunsilk was an shampoo that was available here years back.
This male gave us the impression that he had just had his hair done...
We named him right there and then.
Older image, captured early 2012
This one was processed with the help of TK panels.
I will post a version in the next plane that processed with just masked curve layers for lights,darks and MT.
Some work on BG in both.
The edited LR version was the starting point for both.

Nikon D3S with 600f4
1/1250 @ f6,3
ISO 1000
-2/3 EV
Aperture priority
Centre-weighted metering

WDYT of each?

Andre Pretorius
04-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Here is the second version

Karl Egressy
04-09-2016, 08:22 AM
I like the first version, Very nice showing a relaxed animal. Nice low shooting angle and excellent soft light.

keith mitchell
04-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Andrea can remember sunsilk when I had hair.Your OP looks excellent to me that fine mane looks like it could have been washed in the said product,nice soft light to top it off.

Keith.

Glennie Passier
04-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Andrea, beautiful! I, too, like the OP. Sunsilk by name, sun silk by nature. Beautiful light, beautiful animal. Why does the mane not get tangled like a collies pantaloons? The texture perhaps.

My only very minor nit is that little purple flower in front of his thigh.

Rachel Hollander
04-10-2016, 07:42 AM
Hi Andre - What a majestic looking mane on this one. I too prefer the top post. Nice tones and colors. I actually like the little flowers in the frame. It feels just a little tight to me. Any more room around?

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
04-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Love the subtle, gentle look on the face. Prefer the top one but other good too. Well processed Buddy!!! Great image

Andre Pretorius
04-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Thank you every-one for comments!
Karl, Keith, Glennie- I too liked the OP more, just tried to process without using TK, and get feed-back.
Rachel: sliver on top, nothing on left, some at bottom and some on right- did not get complete front leg in, therefore the tighter crop on right.
Yes, I too love the little purple flower (called Cat's Tail), very fitting with the "Shampooed" hair...:w3
Carl, thank you very much for the compliment!

Jonathan Ashton
04-12-2016, 04:55 AM
Absolutely superb, I think I like the more gentle tones in the OP but I have to confess I have changed my mind several times. That is one beautiful mane, ever since I was a child the lion has been my favourite animal, In fact I had an imaginary pet lion from the age of about 4 to 7, this image has reminded me why!. Just can't take my eyes off it, I keep scrolling back all the time.

Steve Kaluski
04-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Hi Andre, a bit tight for me, some more space all round would have been good I feel. I can see why you posted both, but I feel you have to make an 'executive' discussion on which version to post.

Given the choice, I would go with the RP, but I feel the FG needs some more tonality to create that layering. The lion looking away from camera is a nice touch and works here, well for me.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
04-18-2016, 02:52 AM
Hi Andre -- I would prefer the RP but the OP looks good too . Lovely details and sharpness and a handsome Lion . A bit tight all around bu t nonetheless a fine image .
TFS !