Exposure Compensation +1/3
ISO Speed 3200
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Focal Length 400.0mm

All C&C welcome

Ihtisham Kabir
04-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Jon, An unusual pose that grabs my attention. Also the colours work together very nicely. How did you get the tail and the head in focus? Are they in the same plane (f/8 on 400mm is not a lot of DOF.) One thing I would change would be to bring out the eye a little more so the head appears more contrasty. Thanks for sharing. Ihtisham

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Jon, An unusual pose that grabs my attention. Also the colours work together very nicely. How did you get the tail and the head in focus? Are they in the same plane (f/8 on 400mm is not a lot of DOF.) One thing I would change would be to bring out the eye a little more so the head appears more contrasty. Thanks for sharing. Ihtisham

Itisham it was fortuitous the head and tail are in focus, I focused on the bill and the active point is between the bill and the wing. I did brighten the eye, I think a little more and it would have gone milky in appearance.

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Jon, I would tone/knock back those lighter blades of grass RHS under & especially past the tail, a quick & easy fix. You then will retain more 'focus' on the subject.

keith mitchell
04-09-2016, 03:36 AM
Smashing lichen covered rock to catch this on,like the look back pose and the ruffled head feathers,very nice piece of work Jon.

Keith.

Stu Bowie
04-10-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi Jon, lovely look back pose, and I like the soft light. The light in turn has brought out the iridescence nicely, and I do like the yellow lichen on the rock. If this were mine, I would come up from the bottom a tad. :w3