PDA

View Full Version : Shells in BW

Don Lacy
04-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Sorry I have not had much time to participate latley been busy with work. i was able to get out the other morning and came across these shells which had washed ashore so i spent sometime working them with long exposures since there was no color in the sky.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4IS, 2 minute exposure using a 10 stop ND filter

Glennie Passier
04-09-2016, 02:21 AM
Don, Amazingly beautiful. Don, you know I am an Etl participant, but I'm wondering about that little dark cloud on the LHS and the bigger darker rock in the distance. They seem to draw my eye a little.

Thank you for sharing Don!

Morkel Erasmus
04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Lovely composition and tonal range here, Don. It really draws me in and the textures of the shells upfront are great.
I agree with Glennie on the dark rock and cloud and would lighten them slightly if possible.

Adhika Lie
04-11-2016, 02:00 AM
I like this shot. The composition really draws my eyes into the picture. The rocks are very effective to direct them and make them scan the entire picture. Not too mention the beautiful texture of the seashell!

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Hi Don...a beautiful scene for B&W conversion. That's a lot of sea shells!!! I too would like to see a smidge more detail out of the dark rock in the distance, otherwise a fabulous shot!