PDA

View Full Version : FOG Bow

Steve Kaluski
04-06-2016, 03:36 AM
A fog bow is a similar phenomenon to a rainbow; however, as its name suggests, it appears as a bow in fog rather than rain.

A bit 'wacky' perhaps, but hey, it's all about having fun. Shot from the bow of the ice breaker.

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread.Steve

Subject: Fog Bow in Svalbard
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 8-15mmf/4 Fisheye HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/11 ISO500
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop for presentation
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC

Glennie Passier
04-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Steve, a lot of my images look like this...and it's quite unintentional! :S3: I keep putting my head on the side to view this image. The colour of water is gorgeous. I really like the composition and the balance of icy water and sky. The fish eye lens has made me see the curvature of the earth. A vision that maybe a banking albatross sees as he glides over the ice.

Just beautiful Steve. Thank you for sharing

dankearl
04-06-2016, 04:33 PM
I would like to see this level. While interesting and technically well done, I just want to turn my head.

Don Railton
04-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Lovely colour & detail Steve.. I have a photog friend who witnessed her first Fog bow last year and there are images of her running around like a crazy person in the 'bow'.. A 55 year old kid.. I too would prefer it level.

best regards

DON

shane shacaluga
04-07-2016, 03:18 AM
beautiful blues, turquoise and whites. LIke the detail on the ice and have a bit of a stiff neck now that I have looked at this for a while

Had never heard of a fog bow until now. Very interesting

TFS

Don Lacy
04-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Hi Steve, Lovely colors and tones but if I am honest the tilted horizon make me turn my head to the side when I look at it.

Steve Kaluski
04-09-2016, 02:16 AM
but if I am honest the tilted horizon make me turn my head to the side when I look at it.

Hurrah folks, it did exactly what I wanted it to do, whether it's liked or not that wasn't the real intention, all I wanted was to provoke an action i.e. tilting a head, breaking the norm, but having fun. :bg3:

:wave:

Don Lacy
04-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Hurrah folks, it did exactly what I wanted it to do, whether it's liked or not that wasn't the real intention, all I wanted was to provoke an action i.e. tilting a head, breaking the norm, but having fun. :bg3:

:wave:
well it worked with me :bg3:

Luis Patacao
04-19-2016, 09:06 AM
I wouldn t change nothing here.. The slight curve makes me almost a viewer from a close space. A good "planet view".

Enviado do meu Aquaris M5 através de Tapatalk

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Hey Steve...a little late to the party, but I kinda like it..some images work with the intentional tilt and some do not...I like the out of the box kinda fun you have presented here!!!!