PDA

View Full Version : Theme After the kill

Steve Kaluski
04-06-2016, 03:30 AM
Just to throw another Polar Bear into the mix and try to add some other 'Predators' into the mix. :bg3:

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) sniffing the air batter a seal kill
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/8 ISO2000
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop for presentation
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC

The eyes is 'as is' I just removed more 'Contrast' from within the RAW which chokes the detail.

Rachel Hollander
04-06-2016, 06:33 AM
Hi Steve - This works extremely well. There's an overall inquisitiveness to the frame despite the blood and the power of the polar bear. The comp and detail are great. I might just back off on the sharpening on the nose slightly.

TFS,
Rachel

Stu Bowie
04-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Hi Steve, I like the comp, and with the 'twisted' pose of the Bear sniffing the air. Excellent exposure and detail on the Bear's coat, and the visible blood adds something special to the overall image.

keith mitchell
04-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Looked long and hard Steve would not change a thing,excellent detail and sharpness that you always give us.

Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
04-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Just proper!
The blood on the face is such a key element in this frame...

Gabriela Plesea
04-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Dear Steve,

Besides great techs, there's such careful and delicate PP work in this frame and it looks so effortless. A critically sharp image with great detail and superb IQ - I bet this has already gone to print!

Superb pose from the bear and perfect HA, well framed. Love the various nuances of white, beautifully exposed.

The blood adds drama but without gore, a very classy image Sir - congratulations!

Warmest regards,

Andre Pretorius
04-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Hi Steve

YES, this works!
As my Daughter use to comment on a rare fillet steak- blood is cool!
Love it!

Stuart Philpott
04-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Steve ,I concur,the subtlety of touch, all those whites,the blood contrast without gore,the frame.It 's beautifuly thought out framed executed and processed. I don't really have words bro, I know.... master class!!
Love it mate!!
take care

stu

Glennie Passier
04-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Beautiful Steve! The detail is wonderful. You get a very good idea of power and inquisitiveness.

haseeb badar
04-07-2016, 04:36 AM
Hi Steve -- Excellent IQ and details as always and the red of the blood adds to the lovely soft whites . excellent pose as well . I would like to have some more space in the direction its facing .

TFS !

shane shacaluga
04-07-2016, 05:11 AM
Good one! Agree on the above, the blood brings this one to life.

Nice details in the fur and love the composition

TFS

Carl Walker
04-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Steve. Nice change I agree. Really good details shown and well exposed. The blood adds some contrast to the image and a well framed pose too.