PDA

View Full Version : Warm and cozy on mummy´s breast

Andreas Liedmann
04-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi folks first image from Bandhavgarh NP in India
This is a Hanuman langur with its baby looking very interested into the world , loads of youngsters of the Hanuman has been born shortly before i got there.
A very common monkey species in that park .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II
HH

F 4,5 ; Iso 2500; 1/500 sec , with hindsight i would have preferred a higher Iso to push things to the right direction , but all was happening quickly and i just fired a couple of shots :e3

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; had to crop from LHS as i have blown parts of the adults fur :Whoa!: so i have slightly awkward crop .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi Andreas - Definite cute factor here and interesting to see a different species. You did very well for a quick grab shot. I like the sharp baby against the mostly oof mother. Only thing I might have tried but it may not have been possible would have been to move more to the left so that the bg was more mom and less highlights coming through. Certainly, much easier to say in hindsight and might not have achieved the desired result anyway.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
04-05-2016, 01:41 AM
A really cute shot well detailed and good eye contact, I love the contrast of the long hair on the mother to the soft down like hair in the infant.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-05-2016, 02:35 AM
Gotta love those big eyes Andreas, you definitely managed to highlight them well. I like how the baby is clinging to mommy and the stare of the little one. Cute indeed!

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2016, 03:02 AM
Hi Andreas, I like the idea and you did well in the time frame. Personally I feel having the arm & foot 'as sharp' detracts from the infant and so the viewer doesn't focus 100% on the baby. Perhaps an options is to only have the baby sharp and let the rest drop off, easy to do in PS.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
04-05-2016, 03:42 AM
HI Andreas -- What a lovely scene ! I always enjoy taking images of this specie , very easy to find and provide great opportunities to photograph . You have got great details here and the little one is way to cute . I am ok with the you have presented it . TFS !

Marc Mol
04-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Cute pose and good use of framing here Andreas, I do agree with Steve on a blur filter for the arm & foot.

Overall techs & detail look good also.

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
04-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks so much folks for your valuable input , much appreciated .
Those of you who voted for a more targeted sharpening / clarity / sharpness on the infant .... you might be right .
I am just having an issue with somehow unnatural blur ...... does look a bit unreal , but i gave it a shot .

WDYT ?

Cheers Andreas

Marc Mol
04-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Perfect :cheers:

Andreas Liedmann
04-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks Marc :S3: :wave:

keith mitchell
04-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Andreas been following the comments on this with interest,the blurred version certainly works for me,baby is so cute.

Keith.

Andre Pretorius
04-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi Andreas

With this title and the image- I am sure it would grace the cover of a Pink Floyd's LP!:cheers: (Mother..1980)
Love the moment captured.
To me in OP the mom's arm and leg too sharp (looks like a spider under his bum), in RP too soft- maybe somewhere in between?

Gabriela Plesea
04-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Hello Andreas,

Very touching capture and I love the innocent, vulnerable look from the little one. The composition is great, the RP works wonders. Colours and tonality spot-on, so is sharpness - I can almost count those little hairs on the baby's head:)

Very well seen and captured, as well as processed - thank you Boetie, enjoyed this, very much.

Warmest regards,

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2016, 02:50 PM
I am just having an issue with somehow unnatural blur ...... does look a bit unreal , but i gave it a shot .

For me, the image now works, less distracting and more focus on the infant, however you know my thoughts Andreas on resolving your thoughts above.

Andre I think the PF link was more suited with Gabriela's image, how about Brothers in Arms - Dire Staits? But if you want to move it on lets PM and not hi jack this lovely thread. :S3:

Morkel Erasmus
04-06-2016, 09:22 AM
super cute, Andreas
that repost of yours nails it! :cheers:

Stu Bowie
04-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Hi Andreas, love the look back pose of the little guy, and good detail captured on the face. Good advice on showing up just the youngster, and your RP DOES work. :cheers: