PDA

View Full Version : Tuscany reworked

Douglas Bolt
04-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Canon 5DM3, Canon 70-200f4@144, 1/40, f8, ISO 100. Post consisted of a lot of tinkering. Three image HDR with PSCC, NIK-ColorEfexPro with ProContrast, Detail Extractor, Sunlight. I printed it and the greens in the foreground were over saturated and a bit crunchy, so Color range to desaturate and 2px blur added. Reprint looks better now. CC appreciated.

Don Railton
04-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Hi Douglas

What a wonderful scene...! The rolling green and the layers look great. Things i would have considered is maybe decentering the house slightly, and reframing to leave out the shubbery in the immediate FG, if it were possible.. I will admit to not being a fan of HDR and this does not have that HDR 'look', but it does look to be excessively processed, to me anyway... My main concern is the change in hue midframe. All above the ridgeline that runs approx mid frame looks distinctly cool/blue, while the FG is a lot warmer. The transition between the two is a bit abrupt for me. I would also remove the blur, in the FG anyway..

DON

dankearl
04-04-2016, 05:18 PM
It is a nice view.... I also think the top half needs a change in hue.

Andrew McLachlan
04-04-2016, 07:14 PM
A lovely view well composed but with an odd hue in the distance. The hue should be easily corrected by using Selective Color and reduce the black slider on both Blue and Cyan channels. Looking forward to seeing a repost :)

Douglas Bolt
04-05-2016, 08:34 AM
I did some color correction on the distant portion of the image and toned down the CEP a little. I like it much better. Thanks all to those who made suggestions. I'm still open to additional CC.

Adhika Lie
04-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Hi Douglas, late to the party here. I really love the composition and I think the RP is heading towards the right direction! :) Looking to see you here more often!

Andrew McLachlan
04-05-2016, 08:08 PM
The repost is much better and almost there in terms of color correction...a little more tweaking and you will be there.

Don Lacy
04-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Hi Douglas, another well composed scene but to my eye way over processed which has really hurt the image quality. The Nik filters are wonderful to use and I use them often but I really tone them down often changing the opacity of the layer they are on to as low as 1o-25 percent .

Morkel Erasmus
05-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Hey Doug - late to this one.
Lovely sweeping view, and I agree with the comments on the blue upper part - the repost is much better in hue, tone and contrast.