PDA

View Full Version : Big grumpy boys´s lady

Andreas Liedmann
04-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Hi folks this is the female of Mr Grumpy , i posted recently
The shot was taken before the driver/guide started their calling action , just got her attention by waiting for her to look at us :bg3:

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 200-400 IS L at 300 mm
HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; cropped for comp from top and bottom , some gardening in FG

Hope you like it , thanks for watching and commenting to my previous " grumpy " posting .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
04-03-2016, 01:52 PM
So this is Mrs Grumpy, Andreas!

Cannot imagine better techs for the situation - probably moving subject but most importantly, you were seated in the game viewer with driver and guide creating unwanted shaking, surely the vocals were accompanied by some hand movements too? Did you have any support for your gear at all?

Subject super sharp and super cute, cannot quite imagine her size in comparison with our rhinos in SA (well, what's left of them), she seems rather small to me. Love the silvery look of her skin and the "armour" - not much defence against poachers but what a wonderful prehistoric look she has! I like the way you emphasised the "shield" in PP, those skin folds are lovely.

BG is rather busy but it does help the subject stand out. I really cannot think of anything I would change here Andreas, you made the best choices in terms of techs as well as PP work, so thank you for sharing my Boetie, I enjoyed viewing, very much!

Warmest regards,

Rachel Hollander
04-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Hi Andreas - Great look at the Mrs. Seems like a proud, almost defiant, stance. Love the look at the layers of armor. Techs look good. I just feel that the shadows are a bit light/thin. Not a deal breaker though.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
04-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Hi Andres -- I too liked the Armour and the details that you managed to bring out with the techs and PP , very nicely done . All seems fine to me as presented . She looks like a real prehistoric character .

TFS !

keith mitchell
04-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Andreas did think this looked a bit light but looks like full sunshine and after saying this have never seen one in the wild so not much of a judge .Real prehistoric look with what looks like the Armour on a knight,capture of the details is excellent.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
04-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much Gabriela, Keith, Haseeb and Rachel for your comments , as always much appreciated.
Keith yes i kept it light as it was full of sunshine and the rhino appears much lighter when having a mud bath , followed by drying up . Depending on the area where they have the bath they appear darker orr lighter all up to the color of the clay ......
Rachel i could go darker in the shadows .... no lighting of them in post , added a bit more depth in RP ..... WDYT ?

Thanks for your warm input Gab ... always a pleasure to enjoy your wording :wave:

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
04-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Andreas - I think the rp looks good. :cheers:

keith mitchell
04-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation on the shot Andreas think I will stay with the OP .

Keith.

Andre Pretorius
04-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Hi Buthi

I prefer RP, more detail in MT.

The guide definitely has her attention here.

Just wondering about washing under armour...:2eyes2:

Steve Kaluski
04-05-2016, 03:16 AM
Looks like a statue of a prehistoric creature Andreas.

Andreas Liedmann
04-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Thanks Rachel again , Steve , Andre and Keith again :bg3: for taking your time and comment .
Much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas