PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland

Carol Barke Craig
03-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Hello Everyone! I am a novice (and I mean novice) photographer in Maryland. Ok the photo bug bit me last summer and I bought some used equipment. Now so many days after work I just can't wait to get home, grab my camera bag and take pictures. I just started doing most pics in manual mode after always being in auto mode. Eagles & osprey are my favorites but now I wish to branch out to smaller birds. The attached pic was taken on the Elk River a few weeks ago. I am hoping to pick up some tips and learn more about bird / nature photography as time goes on. This seems like a wonderful place to connect with others who enjoy.

Andrew Harrell
04-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Hello Carol! As a fellow complete-newb, I can tell you the folks here are wonderful with sharing their knowledge on both photo-taking and post photo-processing. Get some of your pics up in the Eager-to-Learn section (and browse all of the past posts there for lots of good info).

Always love pics of baldies -- you have a lovely one there!!

AP

Diane Miller
04-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Hi Carol, and welcome! Hope to see you in Eager to Learn!

Daniel Cadieux
04-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Hi Carol...welcome to BPN!! You've certainly found the right place to help out with this great hobby.

Marina Scarr
04-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Big warm, welcome to BPN, Carol, and so glad to hear you caught the "bug." I think we all have!!! I think you'll learn a lot here, and feel free to ask any questions. Looking forward to your participation.