PDA

View Full Version : Early morning

Hazel Grant
03-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Early fall morning in Redding, CA.
Removed a few items. Adjusted darks. Topaz Buzsim

Dennis Bishop
03-29-2016, 06:50 PM
There are times in using Simplify that I reduce the webbing with a mask, but I think it adds a lot to this image. There are several good things about that receding line of trees. The diagonal is a strong element, and that transition from light to dark works very effectively. I like the vignetting, too. Very nicely done.

Cheryl Slechta
03-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi, Hazel, I like the toning and I always love BuzSim on trees. I think I would remove the webbing (or mute it) that goes from the trunk to the ground - it makes it look like guidewires).:S3:

Hazel Grant
03-30-2016, 09:14 PM
Nice observation. I'll work on that, but actually, they are guidewires. These were younger trees.

Diane Miller
03-30-2016, 11:13 PM
This is wonderful -- saw it earlier on my iPhone (was out all day) and can't reliably respond from it. I love the sun!

The tree on the left feels crowded toward the edge -- if no more image there I'd crop just enough to remove the trunks. But that's just my take -- others may not agree.

I would remove the guide wires before doing the treatment -- otherwise a wonderfully seen and executed shot!

Diane Miller
04-01-2016, 11:27 AM
OK -- I plead guilty to having Princess And The Pea syndrome, but I just had to twitch that tree on the left a little, to see what I thought. I duplicated the BG and did Edit > Transform> Distort and pulled the UL corner left little, to straighten the tree. Then I painted a quick mask over that area and made a Curve layer. Raised the LL corner a little to lighten blacks and pulled the center down just a squeak. That lowered the contrast on the tree a little, which helps keep the eye in the center.

Just a thought. I think you have a wonderful image here!

Dennis Bishop
04-01-2016, 01:56 PM
That makes it even better, Diane. The change in contrast makes a real difference.

Hazel Grant
04-01-2016, 02:13 PM
yes, i totally agree with Diane's improvement. Another wonderful learning experience. I'll work on that and get rid of those guide wires, too.

Anita Bower
04-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Opening this up was a pleasant surprise. I liked the thumbnail, but the image doesn't look like I expected--what fun.
I like the treatment. Nice strong vertical and diagonal lines make this a dynamic image. The darkening from the brighter main tree adds depth. I've gone back and forth about the guy wires, and have concluded that they are a bit distracting.
Diane's slight adjustments make the image even better.