PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tit

John Robinson
03-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Blue Tit
Another addition to my Blue Tit quest to get one with a fully erected creast. Not quite there yet. Taken from garden hide. Tree growing in hedge.Perhaps a touch of moire on birds secondaries ?
D7100
Sigma 50-500mm.
Crop from horizontal
1000 ISO
125 th sec @f9
Neat image. passing oof bird in BG removed.
Image guru/ Bibble. Contrast down in camera, -ev1
Thanks for looking, and comments on last image.
Cheers
JohnR

Norm Dulak
03-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Nice one John. Beautiful bird, pose, perch, background, color and sharpness. One very minor suggestion would be to clone out the small OOF branch at the upper left side of the frame.

John Robinson
03-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks Norm
Should have seen that!!!
Tidied up the twig where I removed the BG bird too.
Repost for you.
Cheers
John

Colin Driscoll
03-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Good sharp lens there, good light and good to get rid of that twig. Lovely.

Norm Dulak
03-28-2016, 05:35 AM
Excellent repost John!

Joseph Przybyla
03-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Lovely little bird, John. I like the repost better, well done. Thank you for sharing.

Jonathan Ashton
03-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Repost is better, nice background the bird looks a little over-sharpened to me I also think there is a slight yellow cast in the image.

John Robinson
03-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Jon
No extra sharpening and 1 marjk below normal on camera settings so where its come from I know not. Maybe its that lack of sensor screen.
Don't know about the cast but I,ll have a play later. The monitor was calibrated about a month back.
JR

adrian dancy
03-28-2016, 04:01 PM
The image is not globally over sharpened in my humble opinion. A couple of flank feathers may be. Blue tits have very fine feathers that can shine (with oil) or appear very pale especially on their backs and especially in direct light. Any amount of sharpening makes the feathers look haloed when in fact they are not. Shine is often evident on the crowns of blue tits and that shine is evident in this image. There may be the very slightest yellow cast but it is entirely within acceptable limits but more importantly the colour on the bird appears very accurate. The bird is nicely posed.

William Dickson
03-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Thats a nice one John. Great looking Blue Tit showing off its lovely colours. All goes well with the BG, and I love the pose.

Will

John Robinson
03-29-2016, 06:30 AM
Thanks Will/Adrian
I am not keen on the BG myself,the more I look at it but can't always get what you want.
John