PDA

View Full Version : Theme White-chested Emerald, preening

Bill Dix
03-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Another from Trinidad. When I saw this guy preening, I figured I'd better get the shot for this month's theme.

D7200, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 1600, 1/2500s @ f/6.3 manual, fill @ -2.0

Ihtisham Kabir
03-27-2016, 10:40 AM
Hi Bill, I like the textures and the unusual look of the bird, The yellow dots are great. I find myself missing the complete eye and try hard to fill in the dots. Super exposure, sharpness, processing (to my eyes.) Ihtisham

Marina Scarr
03-27-2016, 12:34 PM
I think your focal point was on the HB's chest and when it began its preening pose, you may not have refocused on the head. Neither the eye or head appear as sharp to my eyes as the rest of the bird. Its colors are gorgeous and you have a nice perch here. Maybe you have some frames.

Bill Dix
03-27-2016, 02:24 PM
I think your focal point was on the HB's chest and when it began its preening pose, you may not have refocused on the head. Neither the eye or head appear as sharp to my eyes as the rest of the bird. Its colors are gorgeous and you have a nice perch here. Maybe you have some frames.

I'm sure you're right, Marina. View NXi shows the focus point on the chest. (Bear in mind that the distance between the chest and the top of the head in this preening pose is less than 1 inch.) I do have a few frames where the head is sharp, but none in the preening pose.

John Robinson
03-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Points seen above. Great colours and detail. I love the BG- just my type(when you can get them!)
John