PDA

View Full Version : Running Hare.

keith mitchell
03-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm 2.8
1/1600@f6.3
ISO 2000

Jon's Hare posting's inspired me to find few Hare shots.

Small crop toned down greens ,reds look ok I think.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jonathan Ashton
03-26-2016, 10:24 AM
I like it Keith, the eye looks pretty sharp and I like just one foot in contact with the ground. i may be tempted to sharpen just a little more, I appreciate it can easily be overdone. You indicate minor issues with colours/balance, looks OK but just a little flat.
I have taken the liberty of making an alternative for your consideration, the changes are minor but I think it adds just a little - WDYT?

keith mitchell
03-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Jon thanks a lot I was on the fence re sharping, the body looked ok but was not sure about the face.Think what you have done is a vast improvement making the Hare pop,hope you will be kind enough to tell me.

This is the one I thought about posting but it does look a bit harsh to me,perhaps to much sharping?Would like your views

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
03-27-2016, 04:22 AM
Hi Keith, I like the 'spring in the step' in this one. :cheers:

Having the head sharp and the feet/legs slightly blurred conveys movement well. Personally I would add two rounds of Smart Sharpen to the head, this is better for this to USM IMHO, then mask. I like the OP & colours, albeit the Green is a bit vibrant, also in this instance I would flip it, think how we read and it has no bearing on the original capture. Maybe f/5.6, but the SS looks good to have what you captured, ISO2000 isn't that high.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
03-27-2016, 08:17 AM
Hi Keith - the running pose works here though the way you caught the hare in mid-stride makes it look like it is going to fall over :S3:. I took the liberty of doing a rp. I reduced the yellows, gave the hare a bit more pop in curves, removed the blues from the white of the ear and then did another round of sharpening on the head.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
03-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks Steve and Rachel,this is really interesting with the 4 versions of my Hare,keep going from one to the other. Have seen some lovely images on here with fur that looks so soft and natural and that is my aim,do understand that the fur on a Hare is a bit on the course side.
Thanks for this Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
03-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Cool motion here, cannot be easy to nail!
I prefer Rachel's RP but I have not seen them with my own eyes so wouldn't know about colour accuracy :5

haseeb badar
03-28-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi Keith -- This is a good Hare image ! I liked the low POV and the raised hind legs with that sense of movement works perfectly here , I would prefer Rachel's RP but would like to see a bit more saturation in the same . nice advice above by Steve .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 07:00 AM
Keith, in addition to my thoughts above, if you clean up the FG a little and crop some off, I think you could have a winner here?

Steve

keith mitchell
03-28-2016, 07:31 AM
This is what I like about this forum,had what I thought was an OK shot of a Hare, finished with re posts that look great to me from Rachel and Steve. Thanks to Morkel and Haseeb.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
03-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Hello dear Keith!

Wonderful capture of this little fella! Nice techs and the IQ is great:)

Lovely RP's from Rachel and Steve. Steve, the horizontal flip and a tad of warmth did wonders here:w3

Love that blur from the hind legs showing movement, superb pose, this is cute beyond words. I would so love one of these in my folders and rather jealous...
Thank you for sharing Keith, truly enjoyed viewing :cheers:

Warmest regards,

keith mitchell
03-30-2016, 03:34 PM
Thank you Gabriela your comments are always appreciated.

Keith.