PDA

View Full Version : Theme Preening Egyptian goose

Steve Kaluski
03-26-2016, 06:04 AM
Not too much to say on this one and again, nothing that is going to rock the world, just thought I would add to the theme. :S3:

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread, a while back, sorry as I had been on R&R.

Steve

Subject: Egyptian Goose (Alopochen aegyptiacus) preening
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 500f/4 MKII with 1.4Ext MKIII HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/9 ISO1600
Original format: Landscape, slight crop for presentation
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC

Joseph Przybyla
03-26-2016, 08:46 AM
Lovely colors in this goose, I don't remember ever seeing one before. Thank you for sharing, Steve.

William Dickson
03-26-2016, 09:41 AM
I love the feather detail around the point of the bill area. Nice looking pose Steve, and lovely colours throughout. All fits nicely with the BG.

Will

Steve Kaluski
03-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Joe, I think I posted one a short while back?

Cheers Will, trust you are getting out & about in this 'mixed' weather pattern, have you the 1DX yet, if so you will notice a difference I hope. :S3:

keith mitchell
03-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Steve it's all very good as usual, but it's the detail and clarity of the eye that make it for me,excellent.

Steve Kaluski
03-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks Keith, but it's all a bit 'safe', have a good Easter.

Randy Stout
03-26-2016, 02:39 PM
Steve:

Lovely detail, and rich colors. Very well executed.

When I first opened it, thought there was just a hint of moire just to the right of the tip of the bill, in the ultra fine pattern there. Very subtle.

Cheers

Randy

Steve Kaluski
03-26-2016, 03:19 PM
When I first opened it, thought there was just a hint of moire just to the right of the tip of the bill, in the ultra fine pattern there. Very subtle.

Randy, from recollection it's the feather pattern and fine space, if IQ holds up I'll try and post a crop.

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 12:20 PM
thought there was just a hint of moire just to the right of the tip of the bill, in the ultra fine pattern there.

Hi Randy, hope this answers your question.

Stu Bowie
03-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Hi Steve, a bit late to your party, but what brilliant detail you have brought on this fellow. Comp works well, colours spot on for sure ( we get these guys by their hundred's at our dams and wetlands ) I feel you have the sharpness spot on too, and nicely focussed on the head. I do like the colour of the BG which compliments the EG nicely. Your repost of the crop has held up brilliantly. Well done.