Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 7.1
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation +1
ISO Speed 4000
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

The image was taken on private land, I have access to a local manor, there is a copse with daffodils where it is easy to hide behind a tree and the hare often doesn't see me at all. I liked the raised foot. I think the tree is essential - not sure if you will be so enthusiastic?:c3:
All C&C welcome.

keith mitchell
03-26-2016, 04:02 AM
Jon not sure about the tree agree about the pose of the Hare with it's raised foot,looks like your Daffodils are late we have had them in flower for weeks,Hares are not easy I think you have done very well catching this,just as a matter of interest would this stand a bit tighter crop?

Keith.

haseeb badar
03-26-2016, 04:08 AM
Hi Jonathan -- Considering the agility of the subject you have done very well with all the images of them which you have posted recently and this one is no exception either. I think you have handled the light quite well. I would crop slightly from the RHS and Bottom as the subject is appearing a bit smaller in the frame but it is a matter of choice . Also i would burn that bright highlights of its front leg. Overall i liked the image .

TFS !

Stuart Philpott
03-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Hi Johnathon, I love this English spring scene,and the hare bowling through it,raised foot is cool. John for me the tree works,almost like a counter balance to the weight of the hare, I guess as so oft it's personal preference. Is this the reason you wanted it in frame?
Buddy, have you received a reply from me to your PM? I've sent two but am unsure if they are getting through.
Take care buddy thanks for this and for the help

Stu

Steve Kaluski
03-27-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi Jon, I like the setting here, very 'Easter' card. :bg3:

Personally I would have liked the tree trunk out of view, it' a bit dominate and draws my eye. The Hare coming towards you and being off set in frame is nice, especially the raised foot, but I get the impassion NIK has been applied, the image looks coarse and fine detail lost, even at ISO4000, I'm not sure if the subject is sharp? I wonder if f/5.6 just for the head and to gain a bit more SS as you will have lost some in +1?

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
03-27-2016, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I thought there would be mixed reaction but that's ok. No Nik filters used Steve - this was before I got them.
Stu I think we did exchange PMs - relating to how you produced jpeg, i.e. via DPP.

Rachel Hollander
03-27-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi Jon - A very fitting image for Easter weekend. I like the inclusion of the environment and the coming at you pose. The tree doesn't bother me though not sure it really adds anything for me either but it has a heavy magenta cast that needs to go. I would also reduce the cyans in the darker grasses. I agree with Steve that the hare could be sharper.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
03-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks Rachel, you have persuaded me to do a repost WDYT? I have also addressed the tree trunk.

keith mitchell
03-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Jon it's a difficult one,the repost concentrates on the Hare more which I like, but on the minus side we loose the nice Easter like scene ,very interesting.
Thanks for the PM Jon.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
03-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Jon - I think I too prefer the wider scene. The rp also looks cooler.

Morkel Erasmus
03-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Jonathan you received some good feedback here.
I prefer the original frame and the tree doesn't bother me. :)

Jonathan Ashton
03-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Jonathan you received some good feedback here.
I prefer the original frame and the tree doesn't bother me. :)

Yes!!! Thanks Morkel.:w3

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 03:37 AM
Well Jon I prefer the RP, albeit hammering the file, but at this size it doesn't matter, although it would do if you were to print say at A3. To me the crop provides more isolation and focusses more on the subject which appears sharper too.

Jonathan Ashton
03-28-2016, 07:09 AM
Well Jon I prefer the RP, albeit hammering the file, but at this size it doesn't matter, although it would do if you were to print say at A3. To me the crop provides more isolation and focusses more on the subject which appears sharper too.

Ok Steve I see what you mean, I quite like it, BTW I applied differential focusing to this one, just a tad more on the head this time.

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Hi Jon, would there be any mileage if you fired off the RAW this way?

Jonathan Ashton
03-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Hi Jon, would there be any mileage if you fired off the RAW this way?

No sooner said than done - on the way

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 08:36 AM
How, via DropBox? :S3:

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi Jon thanks for the files(s) :bg3:, just keeping me on my toes I see.

I might have gone for Case 6 with a tweak, not 3, but... The FP is where it should be, but I think the RAW is soft, not by much, but enough I think. +1 did create some blown highlights in parts, but not to the subject. I worked on a WB Temp 5844 & a Tint of 7 then just adjusted the colours in LR & PS, thought it needed a bit more 'brightness' in colour as I feel your OP was too cool/blue, again personal choice. I also tried to get as close to your OP crop for comparison.

Best to download and look at the RP in PS, you'll get a better rendition.

Cheers
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
03-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter, Jon!

Lovely capture and Steve's RP nails it for me in terms of colour as well as composition. Superb pose from the Hare with that front limb raised and I love the surroundings.
I so enjoyed viewing, appreciate this post:cheers:

Kind regards,