PDA

View Full Version : Bloodroot

Anita Bower
03-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Photographed yesterday at Ferncliff Wildflower Preserve in Lancaster County. I was so happy to find flowers blooming. Looking at them through a macro lens gives me great joy.

Little flowers close to the ground with woodland debris all around create a challenge for clean bgs. I added several textures by Coffee House, one modified by me.

I welcome your opinions and critiques.

Dennis Bishop
03-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Early flowers are a wonderful thing. The earthy tones are a good fit for the flowers and seem very fitting for the conditions under which you saw them. I think it works nicely with the current crop but would also look good if some were cropped from the bottom. I generated a mask to protect the flowers to see what blurring (Field Blur) the background a little would do. That makes it consistent with the more distant flowers, and it makes the in-focus flower stand out more.

Diane Miller
03-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Wonderful -- I love the brush-stroke texture, which contrasts with the more realistic flowers. Wonderful job of managing the BG, which is usually a disaster for me when I try something like this.

Anita Bower
03-27-2016, 05:09 AM
Thanks Dennis and Diane. Dennis--I didn't know about field blur--thanks for suggesting it.

Mitch Carucci
03-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Wonderful flower. Soft and elegant presentation.

Cheryl Slechta
03-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Anita, I love the earthy tones and the texture which seems to enhance the feeling of the little flowers emerging from the ground. I could see a tiny bit off of the bottom.
Isn't spring wonderful???:S3:

Anita Bower
03-31-2016, 05:01 AM
Anita, I love the earthy tones and the texture which seems to enhance the feeling of the little flowers emerging from the ground. I could see a tiny bit off of the bottom.
Isn't spring wonderful???:S3:
Thanks, and yes, spring is my favorite time of year!

Judy Howle
04-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Beautiful flowers and I like the background texture. Well done!