PDA

View Full Version : Young Bald Eagle

Desmond Chan
06-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Shot this in Feb with S5, 200-400 f4 @ 400, ISO 400 f8 1/1000 sec. Hand-held.

When I took this shot, this fellow just snatched a part of a prey from a mature bald eagle in mid-air. I managed to photo that moment, too, but, unfortunately, it's out-of-focus.

C&C welcome.

<table id="Balloontable2" class="donotmoveme" style="width: 480px; float: left;"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Alfred Forns
06-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi Desmod Very nice Juvi image !!! Here is one good example of the advantage in using 10 fps camera !!!! Will give you a good chance at catching ideal wing positions!!

Bird looks fine but would be better in the full upstroke. No shadow on the wing/body and generally more elegant !!! As presented would work on the front part of the bird which looks a little dark, not sure if you can do much with the tail. These young birds are tough to expose with all the white, really need soft light !!! Would have been neat catching the stealing action !!!!

Desmond Chan
06-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Here's the stealing before I took the shot of that young eagle. The mature one dropped his prey and flew in another direction. In the background is the sky and mountain.

Alfred Forns
06-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh man .... this is one of those you can only say .... "what if " ... even got good position without heavy overlap !!!