PDA

View Full Version : Trillium

Susan Griffith
06-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

I happened to be out in the rain today and found myself in this marshy area filled with trillium. I did some minor removal of dirt particles (Learning how to use photoshop) and some basic adjustments. There is actually a small spider at the base of the stamen and a small beatle like critter on one of the petals that I decided to leave in place. Please let me know what you all think :D. I am still in the process of learning how to improve my images.

Canon 5D, EF 180mm, F16, 1/25, Gitzo tripod, Exposure +.35

Mike Moats
06-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Hey Susan, I like the comp, and you did nice job on exposure, The leaves have some white hot spots that I believe is from being wet. When the subject is wet use a circular polarizer to help cut the sheen from the water. A little more blur on the BG would be nice. You shot at f/16 which will pull more of the cluttered BG in, so bracket shots at f/11 and f/8 and you may find you have enough DOF for the flower and a little less details on the BG (remember pixels are free so when not sure bracket f/stops as you would exposure). As is I would clone out the white line in the upper right corner. Clone out the small specs of dirt, and as far as the little beetle I think its to small to idenify at this size and just look like a spec of dirt so I would clone it out also. Thanks for posting and keep em coming.

Alfred Forns
06-10-2008, 07:19 AM
HI Susan Fully agree with Mike !!! Can only add I like the color/saturation, very appealing image. The only thing that draws my attention away form the flower is the light stem at the bottom Love this image !!!

Stephen Stephen
06-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Susan lovely image. Mike and Al have given you great advice and suggestions. I look forward to future additions.