PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-wattled Lapwing

Ihtisham Kabir
03-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Taken today at Purbachal, Bangladesh. 1/3200 sec/ f5.6/ ISO 1250/ 1Dm4+500mm+1.4x/ handheld/some sharpening, nr, contrast and colour correction.

Thanks for looking. C/C welcome. Ihtisham

keith mitchell
03-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Hi Ihtisham,little nit but the blacks do look very black without much detail,do like the one legged pose and the body and the head look nice and sharp,that eye really sets it off.

Keith.

Stu Bowie
03-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi Ihtisham, a typical Lapwing pose with the raised leg - well timed. I do like how the Lapwing is separated from the BG. I would maybe do some additional sharpening on the head, and agree, the blacks are completely blocked.

Karl Egressy
03-23-2016, 06:41 PM
Nice image, love the raised leg and the overall look of the bird, but not a big fan of the square crop.

Jonathan Ashton
03-24-2016, 05:07 AM
I like the shot but the contrast is a little strong, I suspect the whites were slightly blown at the capture point.
If you use DPP I would suggest bring the whites down first then lighten the darks and consider lowering contrast by 1, if that doesn't work then maybe a linear conversion along with a conventional conversion.

Ihtisham Kabir
03-24-2016, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much, John, Karl, Stu and Keith, for your comments. I may have over-processed it because the original has detail in the blacks. I will work on it and try to produce a lower-contrast version with highlight and shadow details retained. Thanks again, much appreciate the feedback. Ihtisham