PDA

View Full Version : Theme Keeping up with mommy

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Another image for the theme, this days old baby elephant was chasing mom & keeping up with her pace to reach out for a feed at Timbavati. I liked the tender moment and the little trunk reaching out for the nipple. The light was awesome. Hope you like it.
1/320
f/5
ISO 400
7D
70-200 2.8 II @ 70mm

Andreas Liedmann
03-21-2016, 04:48 AM
Hi Sanjeev nice tender moment , and i share your thoughts .
Superb warm light when you took the image . Nice detail and colors .
I might crop out from RHS and leave mummys leg as a framing border plus i might try to drop the exp by - 0,15 from HL to mid tones for a bit more tonal depth .

Nice one , TFS Andreas

keith mitchell
03-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Sanjeev would have liked this even more without the shadow, which I do think pulls the eye a lttle bit,it's a lovely tender moment that have captured beautifully.

Keith.

haseeb badar
03-21-2016, 08:19 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- I echo the above thoughts regarding the crop from RHS and the shadow , but a lovely light and nice tender moment , colours and pp look good too .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
03-21-2016, 07:46 PM
Hi Sanjeev - My first thought upon viewing was also to crop from the rhs so that the leg is the border and might consider taking some off the top too to bring more focus onto the calf. Nice detail and colors. Good suggestions by Andreas regarding exp and tones.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
03-22-2016, 02:45 AM
I might crop out from RHS and leave mummys leg as a framing border plus i might try to drop the exp by - 0,15

My exact thoughts Sanjeev and would strengthen the overall combustion, exp amount I think is down to personal tastes.

TFS
Steve

Stuart Philpott
03-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Enchanting image Sanjeev,utterly so. Beautiful light, and the way mum frames the little fella is just wonderful. A stunning scene seriously well captured,thanks so much for sharing this,

stu

steve torna
03-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Hi Sanjeev. I would crop out the bottom and RH side so that the image portrays a secure and protective infant cradled within the boundary of it's mothers stomach and legs; show as little foliage as possible and this will transform the image to awesome. You might also crop some of the moms back so her side doesn't overwhelm the size of the baby. A tight crop will also reveal elephant skin details which I am dying to see. I would also tone the brightness and warmth down just a tad.
Great moment, hold my interest, and evokes emotion. Could be award winning in my opinion if it can evoke more of the loving protection, cradled in love, safe and secure feeling.

steve torna
03-26-2016, 09:45 AM
I just noticed that almost everyone has already commented on the crop; sorry so suffice it to say that I am agreeing that it is well done but a tight crop would make it killer! steve