PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Fog on the ocean

Kerry Perkins
03-20-2016, 07:08 PM
I saw this scene developing one evening when I was driving down a mountain road to the ocean. The sea was covered in thick fog, which looked like clouds. I watched as the sunset turned the horizon into those classic California sunset colors then got this shot. I used Topaz Clarity and some standard adjustments.

Dennis Bishop
03-21-2016, 07:46 AM
The layers are very effective; so is the texture difference between the sky and the water. The blending of colors in the sky is very appealing too. Although the scene would be a less dramatic, I'd favor lightening the bottom layer a bit.

Nancy Bell
03-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Beautiful layers upon layers! The thick layer of fog looks like waves on the ocean and I like the slight feeling of disconnect as it appears the viewer is below the "waves".

Diane Miller
03-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Wow, Kerry! You've captured one of my favorite subjects! I love the peach tones you got on the left and the lovely soft light from the sun on the right. Wonderful layering and great treatment of tonal separation!

Kerry Perkins
03-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone, it was a unique weather condition and I was lucky enough to be able to capture it. :c3:

Anita Bower
03-25-2016, 10:12 AM
This is a perfect fog image. I can see the fog between the mountains, and then spreading over the ocean. Lovely color transitioning from cool to warm.

Judy Howle
03-25-2016, 03:34 PM
That is one of the most amazing phenomena I've ever seen! Stunning! Beautiful colors and nicely processed!