PDA

View Full Version : Brown Creeper.

Daniel Cadieux
03-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Here's another Brown Creeper that cooperated nicely for me (meaning it stayed put for 2 seconds). A bit of audio did coax it into place, but not for long!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop for comp, a fg oof branch was blended away in LRC (it is still faintly visible, but in an acceptable manner. I'm open to further blending it away), and the bark where that branch crossed was burned to match the tonality. Minor eye work, and lightened the darker crevice in the bark (clone stamp at 15% opacity).

John Robinson
03-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Nice one Dan
Identical to ours I presume. BG looks fine to me -in fact I always like a little of something in if possible. Like how it shows the barring on the tail. Done them at the nest many times but not this time of year. Good stuff.
JohnR

Bill Dix
03-20-2016, 01:12 PM
A fine shot of this difficult fellow. The curve of the tree counters the curve of the bird's bill and throat, making a beautiful composition. I suspect I'm sometimes guilty of oversharpening, but to my taste the head might use just a small additional touch. The oof branch looks good to me, and nice work on the tree trunk.

Karl Egressy
03-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Nice image of a hard to capture bird. The bird could be sharpened a little more and the eye could be brightened ever so slightly.

keith mitchell
03-20-2016, 03:00 PM
The angle you have got the bird at makes it for me,agree it could be a little sharper but not much. Interesting (clone stamp at 15% opacity).Very nice work Dan.

Keith.

adrian dancy
03-20-2016, 04:28 PM
A very sweet classic image...I have always found ours to be incredibly elusive.

Jonathan Ashton
03-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Lovely exposure and I am sure not an easy shot to get. Sharpening looks good to me, I suspect the white feathers in the throat might become a little refractile with more sharpening. Not very often you get to see one with such a well illustrated tail - good shot:cheers:

Kirk Benson
03-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Congrats on capturing a terrific pose and HA on this beautiful little bird Daniel, detail looks good to me.
I really like your choice of composition, very well done. :-)

Kirk

annmpacheco
03-21-2016, 09:09 AM
very nice work Dan, those creepers are not cooperative at all, but you nailed this one!