PDA

View Full Version : osprey in cypress

annmpacheco
03-19-2016, 09:22 PM
taken at the end of February at Blue Cypress, FL. there are 244 documented osprey nests and most ospreys were sitting on eggs, chicks in March, and very little activity, no fish deliveries and only a couple of branch fly-by's... For more reach i tried my 7DII with the 400m lens iso 640, 6.3 and 1/2500.

Kirk Benson
03-19-2016, 11:26 PM
Beautiful topside view, great head angle and eye contact, love the full wingspan and fanned tail... and the BG with all of the Spanish Moss is quite interesting.
I'd be tempted to crop a bit off the left, and add some more room to the bottom to de-center the Osprey. :-)
Wonderful image and a pleasure to see, well done.

Kirk

gail bisson
03-20-2016, 06:26 AM
Excellent topside view Ann. Love the splayed primaries.
You have a superb head turn as well.
The BG is different than what is usually posted.
The whites on the head look a bit hot but not a deal-breaker.
Well done!
gail

dankearl
03-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Nice that you got the BG in somewhat focus as it shows the habitat nicely. I might have gone for less "reach" and
had the osprey smaller in the frame for this kind of shot.

arash_hazeghi
03-21-2016, 08:28 PM
nice banking pose with a great dynamic wing position. the head whites are hot, it's easy to overexpose osprey whites. For me the bird is just a bit too close to the BG

TFS

David Salem
03-24-2016, 11:42 PM
What a nice pose you got there Ann. The detail in the wings and tail is great and I like the coverage you got from the light. Yes a bit hot and a bit bright. The highlight slider and a bit of saturation will help that. If you use LR try 8 points of clarity too. This is where a big lens really shines. With the limited DOF of a 700-840mm setup, it would have rendered the BG a smoother consistency. Well done