PDA

View Full Version : Hellebore

Ron Conlon
03-19-2016, 08:41 PM
More macro but still floral.
The ants love the nectarines (the tubular structures, apparently modified petals) and I always need to chase them out. The morning was quite cold so they were sluggish and easy to brush off.
A stack (of about 50 frames) with a remote flash to the left.
D800E 200mm f8 1/250s iso100

John Robinson
03-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Picking out a bit of the flower has certainly worked on this one. I ought to try it more often. I like the gentle haze wich sort of frames the centre- especially the bottom LH
Good one. The weather here has broken at last so busy times coming up maybe.
Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
03-21-2016, 08:07 AM
That is a bit special, I love the muted colours and the way the structures are so beautifully shown.
I think the brightest highlights could be brought down just a fraction, it makes the flash less apparent and reduces the overall contrast a tad. I have taken the liberty of making and alternative for your consideration:

Ron Conlon
03-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Thanks, all.
Jon, that is a distinct improvement and I will incorporate it into the original. Thanks for the critique and repost.

Steve Maxson
03-22-2016, 01:09 PM
An interesting flower and I love the soft, modeled lighting. I also like the subtle change in Jon's repost - makes a nice finishing touch. Very nicely done!

Diane Miller
03-25-2016, 12:33 PM
What a wonderful view inside a flower -- you have captured a magical miniature world with exquisite detail and composition. Jon's RP is the perfect tweak -- good eye.

Jerry van Dijk
04-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Great work Ron, these flowers are really something special and you did a good job capturing that! I like how the stacking brought out each and every detail in this extreme closeup, and the light is lovely. Great work with the flashes.