PDA

View Full Version : 2 tons lost in the jungle

Andreas Liedmann
03-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi folks will go on with a frame just taken in India ,
this Indian rhino does look somehow lost in the high elephant grass , i quiet like the effect of the image .
One cannot easily understand that this 2 tons of animal just disappear with seconds into the grass and not be seen once in there . You have to see it with your eyes .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L
HH

F 8 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/ 1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for pano comp from all sides .
Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-19-2016, 03:15 AM
Hi Andreas, yes I agree that this works well and showcases the typical environment of Kaziranga. The comp works with very good detail and colours. TFS. Makes me wanna go back there again!!

Anette Mossbacher
03-19-2016, 07:04 AM
Hi Andreas,

looks very nice to me. Somehow the upper top is a tad to bright for me, but this is just me. Rest sits as usual.
Looking so much forward to see these animals in a few weeks time.

Wish you a great weekend

Ciao Anette :wave:

Rachel Hollander
03-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi Andreas - This really does make the rhino look small. I like the placement in frame and the overall comp. I'm ok with the tones. There's a bit of blue and to a lesser extent cyan coming through on the rhino but I am not familiar with their actual coloring so it may be natural.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
03-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Thanks Sanjeev , Anette and Rachel for your comments much appreciated .
Rachel yes i see the blue cyan thing , already tempered most of it back . But agree i could go less , depending on the light they could look blueish ...... all a matter of taste .
But here is a corrected version .....

Thanks again , Andreas

Steve Kaluski
03-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi Andreas, I like the way you framed this, putting the subject to the RHS, cool he is also looking to the left too. I can also see a more pano crop also working, loosing more of the top? I wonder if it needs a tad more sharpening, or is this a largish crop, as 6400 I might have expected more perhaps.

One cannot easily understand that this 2 tons of animal just disappear with seconds

It's the same with those orange stripy cats too. :w3

TFS
Steve

Stuart Philpott
03-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Fabulous Andreas I too like the position of the rhino in frame and also the backdrop,I've a soft spot for this type of picture,thanks for sharing

take care

Stu

keith mitchell
03-20-2016, 07:45 AM
Andreas Do like this magnificent beast in it's habitat,this is just the type of shot that appeals to me,you can just imagine it disappearing into that mass of vegetation.

Keith.

haseeb badar
03-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Hi Andreas -- I like the settings and the composition just works fine . Beautiful Colours and lovely Kaziranga feel to it . TFS !

Andre Pretorius
03-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi Andreas

Agree with maybe a pano to cut some from the top.
Would not like to go looking for those two tonnes in that thick grass, though...
:tinysmile_shy_t: