PDA

View Full Version : Brown Creeper.

Daniel Cadieux
03-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Hey guys,

Just an intimate view a neat little Brown Creeper that stood still for a second or two. Even with a bit of audio it did not really stop - although it did come closer. I like the "forest" feel of the image despite there being little elements of it showing!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, cropped left and below to help the comp. A wee bit better head angle would have been cool, but I feel that the image works as is too.

Jim Crosswell
03-16-2016, 03:45 PM
I like the tree details, IQ, complimentary BG and composition. I am okay with the HA and would be happy to capture an image like this. Excellent image Daniel.

William Dickson
03-16-2016, 03:46 PM
I understand what you mean about the 'forest feel'. I love the HA, which is pretty difficult to get right on these little birds. I also like the detail on the bird and the bark, the green leaves on the LHS adds to the image.

Nice one Dan.

Will

Bill Dix
03-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Tough little guys to capture. This shows him nicely in his forest habitat. I might also envision a version with a square crop that takes out maybe a third of the trunk on the right.

Tony Whitehead
03-16-2016, 11:09 PM
Busy birds are hard to catch at a good moment so I think this is very good despite the self critique re HA. The bird looks intent on it's purpose so the HA doesn't bother me. I agree with exploring a crop that reduces the amount of trunk on the right as I find it pulls my eye from the bird. Lovely plumage details and the smooth BG with foliage framing in from the left is great.

keith mitchell
03-17-2016, 03:52 AM
Bird just lifting itself away from the trunk and into that nice clear Bg just makes it pop against everything else in the frame,agree a bit more head turn would have been ideal but hey Dan you have a smashing image here.

Keith.

Wilhelm Waltermann
03-17-2016, 06:59 AM
Hi Dan, photographing treecreepers are more than difficult. this bird never sits still for a second. i am always failed. congrats! w

Alan Bryant
03-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Great looking shot, which includes lots of habitat elements. Nice comp and IQ

Jonathan Ashton
03-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Dan that is magical I love it, ok the head isn't perfectly angled but it will do for me. he composition is very good indeed and the ambience coming from this image is quite remarkable.