PDA

View Full Version : Theme Lioness

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-16-2016, 01:58 PM
An image from my Mara trip in 2013 for the theme. The grasslands of mara and serengeti really offer a nice BG !
1/800
f/8
ISO 250
5D III
700mm

Anette Mossbacher
03-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Hi Sanjeev,

very nice image of this lioness. Right you are with the grass, it always gives us a great BG in images. The image looks to me very fin in sharpness and details. Just the crop I do not like.
I would crop it more to take the, IMHO useless top off, off the lioness head. I would crop from LHS upper corner down quite a bit. This gives the image a different look, well IMHO, of course.

Have a great eve

Ciao Anette

Rachel Hollander
03-17-2016, 07:56 AM
Hi Sanjeev - This works very well with nice details and yes, the beautiful grasses of the Mara as a bg. I am ok with the comp as is. Nicely processed too.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
03-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Hi Sanjeev, a simple and effective portrait, with good detail & clarity. Nicely processed and I like the overall colour palette. I too am ok with the crop, albeit personally I may have come in a fraction on the LHS to create a hard edge compared to as posted with a hint of BKG. Just personal tastes.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
03-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Lovely shot I would definitely lose a couple of mm from the LHS to eliminate that thin strip, it is only minor yet it gets my attention.

haseeb badar
03-18-2016, 06:10 AM
Hi Snajeev -- Nice details and sharpness ! i liked this simple portrait and the comp works for me , nicely done and TFS !

keith mitchell
03-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Sanjeev this magnificent animal sits very well on that nice BG,detail and texture on the fur looks lovely.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
03-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Hi Sanjeev just a simple well working portrait , very nice work Doc .
Very well processed and i love the color and tone combo ..... very nice !!!!
You have created some fine detail and very good sharpness .

TFS Andreas

steve torna
03-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Looks like one tough old lioness, I like the battle scar notch in her left ear and her exposed right canine. The picture tells the story that I think you intended to convey. Cropping is just a matter of personal taste for the artist but I agree with Jon and Anette that cropping the LHS and the top and making it a little tighter might be good to really accentuate and focus in on this beautiful portrait. It is all about the lioness countenance so tighter is better in this case. Excellent ! TFS