PDA

View Full Version : Theme Aint no mana pools!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Inspired by Mork's Mana Pools images, I am posting one with a similar pose. This was at OD, Bots. I was happy to see this big fella reach out for some fodder on a tree. I remembered Mana Pools images often posted by Morkel and was happy to see something on those lines. The elephant was nicely tucked between the trees, A bit busy frame but hope you like the scene.
1/1000
f/7.1
ISO 800
7D II
100-400 II @ 170mm

Steve Kaluski
03-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Hi Sanjeev, it may not be Mana Pools, but it conveys the situation oh so well, I really like it. In addition this just typifies just how far you have come, if you compare the Leopard cub and this, this for me is one giant step. I can't comment on colour/exposure as I'm away, but both techs & overall comp/processing just works! You handled the light well and controlled the shadows too.
A very nice image indeed. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
03-15-2016, 09:46 PM
Hi Sanjeev - A nice scene with the elephant reaching for the higher food. The processing and techs look better too. Love the golden light. I just wish the elephant took a step forward so that the heavy shadows weren't right across the eye but I bet you do too.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
03-17-2016, 04:07 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- agree with the above , a really nice image amidst lovely settings , an alternative crop suggestion , some thing like this , WDYT ?

Morkel Erasmus
03-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Lovely pose, setting and light here Doc.
I would shave some off top and bottom, but not crop as square as Haseeb has.
I would tone down overall brightness via a luminosity mask as well as deepen midtone contrast.

Glad I could provide some inspiration :5