Baby crane

I was shooting bird in flight when I saw a couple of crane with babies

canon 1d mk4
500mm f4L is USM =1.4X
1/1600 at f8,0
iso 640

Stu Bowie
03-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Hi Marie, A big welcome to BPN, and I hope you have fun posting and commenting on other posts too. A lovely low perspective here, and a cuteness factor of 10/10 for the little chick. Good detail on the chick, sharp, and I like how it is mostly separated from the surrounding foliage. Comp wise, I would add a bit to the RHS, and take a bit off the left.

Randy Stout
03-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Marie Elise:

As Stu mentioned, super cute. Nice shooting angle, flowers add.

Just as an option, I could see cloning out the few flower buds in the background that are just beneath the bill/neck, just the ones that are touching the bird.

Sweet.

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
03-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Another warm welcome to BPN, Marie-Elise. I think you did a great job here with a busy environment. Love those wildflowers and I personally wouldn't clone any of them out. The bird stands out nicely against them. I personally find the tall leaf behind the bird somewhat distracting since my eye keeps going there, but that's called nature. You had lovely light on your colt and it gave you a nice pose.

arash_hazeghi
03-16-2016, 11:34 PM
delicate little chick, although the environment was a bit busy I like the elements of the habitat including the flowers but would clone out the tall OOF leaf. nice to see the nest too

welcome to BPN, TFS