Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 7.1
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation +1
ISO Speed 4000
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm
This is from the same shoot as the previously submitted image, I went down today for 2 hours and didn't see one - not a single one!
I overexposed on this because there was a lot of reflected light off the grasses with the newly melted frost, and I also wanted to minimise noise - no noise reduction used in CS6 just the "standard NR for this ISO" as in AH /AM guide in DPP4
All C&C welcome.

haseeb badar
03-14-2016, 05:26 AM
Hi Jonathan -- Very nicely done ! great low angle and perfect timing . i also liked the colours and sharpness , with that dew on the grass adding to the image . loved it . TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
03-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Hello Jon,

I like this very much, nice techs and great IQ at 4000 ISO, great action from this cute little Hare!
Love the POV, super BG, colours, sharpness, this ticks all the boxes for me - I enjoyed viewing, keep them coming:cheers:

Warmest regards,

keith mitchell
03-14-2016, 04:16 PM
At first I thought the fur looked a bit pale but the more I look the Hare looks wet which I suppose is from the melting frost,lovely galloping pose you have caught Jon.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
03-15-2016, 04:05 AM
Hi Jon, like the bounding action of the Hare and the cross over legs. The dew adds a nice touch and provides some atmosphere to the scene. Surprised you needed to apply any NR at ISO4000. If you have it, then moving the crop down, with more image content below I feel would be better.

TFS
Steve

BTW If you know of anyone who wants a 1DX let me know as I'm off loading one in April. :w3

Rachel Hollander
03-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Hi Jon - Great running/hopping pose and the low pov works great as well. The dew and the wet fur help tell a story. I agree with Steve that a little more space below would take this up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
03-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Hi Jonathan

Love the wet, fast Rabbit with his short, wet tail!
Subject sharp, DOV works.
Agree with Steve and Rachel re space below.
Keep on shooting 'em fast critters!

Jonathan Ashton
03-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Thank you everybody your comments are duly noted and welcomed.
Steve I will ask around, ......I wouldn't mind another one myself!