PDA

View Full Version : So Where is Spring exactly???

Susan Griffith
06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Well after spending the day up on the Mountain Loop Highway and being rained on, I did find out that the the loop will finally be fully open on June 28th at noon. As of this morning the road is still closed at deer cree, but acording to the rangers it may be open to Barlow pass as early as June 9th in the afternoon and probably no later than wed the 11th if there is some road work to be done.

Believe it or not there is still about 4' of snow at barlow pass. This year was a record year for snow along the loop highway.

*EDIT*

Looks like the beaver are out at big four, lots of huming birds, gold finches, RWBB, marsh wren, winter wren, etc. And a gorgeous day to boot, can't ask for more.

-Susan

Judd Patterson
06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Sounds so refreshing to visit a location where spring is nearly ready to burst forth. Down here in South Florida it feels like we've had spring and summer already...but I know we are in for a lot more heat and humidity before November rolls around. Good luck up in the beautiful Pacific NW (my avatar photo was taken in the Hoh Rainforest area of Olympic NP)!!

Susan Griffith
06-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Well summer is finally here :D was a fantastic weekend..

-Susan