PDA

View Full Version : Theme Lion Profile

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-13-2016, 12:15 PM
An image made at Masai Mara in 2013. Wish the part of another lion was not there but still the pose, details and clean BG make up for it I assume. Thanks for looking and commenting. Almost FF, slight crop for comp.
1/400
f/8
ISO 125
5D III
500 II

Rachel Hollander
03-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice profile portrait for the theme with good detail and sharpness. I agree with you about wishing the other lion wasn't there. If this were mine I would drop the reds by about 20 in a HSL layer. As posted I feel it looks a bit too orange.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Thanks Rachel. Will drop the Reds a bit.

keith mitchell
03-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Sanjeev agree with you re the other Lion,this one looks majestic with great detail and sharpness .Will be interested to see it without the red that Rachel mentioned.

Keith.

haseeb badar
03-14-2016, 05:23 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Agree with your self critique , and a good suggestion by Rachel , which i think you must have applied and seen the result , if possible post an RP for all of us . BUt nice details and sharpness .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
03-15-2016, 03:44 AM
Hi Sanjeev, quite a nice side profile of the lion with good detail and a clean BKG, although not having the other body in view would have been better. With a very relaxed pose, what would have been nice is to have moved position after taking this and have gone more head on. Often shots are taken and they move on rather than looking at other options, then moving on.

TFS
Steve